What is School Direct?
The School Direct route is a school-based teacher training programme led by outstanding teaching professionals. The hands on approach means you become an Associate Teacher in a placement school from the very first day of your training.
The provision is a combination of practical training, both within and outside of the classroom, and is complemented by an academic focus provided by University professionals. Our School Direct courses offer a full Postgraduate Certificate in Education awarded by The University of Manchester (PGCE with 60 Masters Credits) and Qualified Teacher Status (QTS).
As an Associate Teacher with Co-op Academies, you can immerse yourself in school life from day one and join a team of staff committed to delivering the highest quality learning and teaching to children across our Trust.
If you are keen to learn from a range of professionals currently in a full time role within our placement schools, then our school-led training is the route for you. Your mentors, teachers and Specialist Leaders of Education (SLEs) will support you fully, using innovative training to enable you to become a resilient, successful teacher.
What can School Direct offer you?
- Guaranteed teaching placements in a network of schools across our Trust and partnerships
- Cross-phase training experiences throughout the course – from early years to sixth form
- Summer induction sessions prior to starting your training year
- Attend all INSET training, focusing on whole school improvements
- University accredited Subject Mentors in all schools supporting every aspect of your professional development
- Weekly professional studies, subject knowledge and pedagogy sessions facilitated by outstanding teachers, centered around issues directly related to teaching and learning in urban school contexts
- Meetings with other associate teachers from a wide trainee network across our Trust
- Regular pedagogical training sessions at The University of Manchester
- Gaining Qualified Teacher Status (QTS), a PGCE, and Masters level credits
- Support with further professional development in your first years of teaching as you become and Early Career Teacher