We’re looking for a talented and enthusiastic HR Advisor to join our People Team in West Yorkshire to cover a period of Maternity Leave.
As the lead HR professional across a designated portfolio of academies, you’ll work closely with Headteachers, Principals and Trust leaders to move forward ‘people issues’ in line with academy priorities and our distinctive values and ways of being. The post is full time: 37 hours per week, all-year round.
You’ll raise the profile of Human Resources through the provision of high-quality advice and guidance across the full range of HR activity, establishing yourself as a key professional advisor whilst at the same time embedding systems, policies and procedures and ensuring that they are underpinned and secured through robust quality assurance and feedback. As such, the role demands a colleague with real gravitas; someone who can effectively challenge, support and influence a range of colleagues and partners in and outside of an Academy.
Previous experience of working in a unionised environment and providing pragmatic, creative and commercially focussed solutions across a range of ER casework is essential, as is CIPD accreditation and a sound knowledge of Employment Law and practice. Whilst HR experience or knowledge gained within an education or Local Authority setting/context would be desirable, applicants who can demonstrate an awareness of HR within education and an appetite to develop their skills in this sector will be considered.
As a colleague in the Trust, you’ll work collaboratively across a talented and diverse team, striving to deliver an outstanding working and learning experience for all. Further information about the Trust and our People Team can be found in the Candidate Pack.
What you do here really counts and we offer a range of benefits to recognise the part you play in our success. Whether they benefit your finances, your wellbeing, or your family, in or outside work. From career progression and making a difference within your local community, to a whole range of financial discounts and benefits, working at Co-op Academies Trust isn’t your standard job.
We want you to stay happy and healthy, so in addition to a competitive salary and a local government pension scheme, we also offer a generous entitlement of 30 days annual leave per year.
Other benefits include:
- A free annual flu vaccine
- A free eye test and a contribution towards your glasses
- Cycle to work scheme
- 24/7 access to free health and wellbeing support including counselling, as well as advice to you and your family around legal and financial matters, amongst others
- My Active Discounts offer HUGE savings on gym memberships, online fitness subscriptions, clothing, experience days, travel & spa breaks, nutrition and beauty products
- Co-operative flexible benefits, including 20% Coop discount and 10% discount from non-branded products, discounts on Co-op services (insurance, legal and funeral products), access to the Co-op Credit Union and an NCP Car Parking Pass.
- Season tickets and rental deposit loans
- Referral scheme
- An extensive range of internal and external Continued Professional Development
We follow the Co-op’s ‘Ways of Being’ which are:
- Succeed together – Cooperating is what makes us different; we’re better and stronger when we work together.
- Be yourself, always – We bring our best self to the academy, so that we each contribute and respect others for doing the same. Of course, being yourself isn’t about excusing poor behaviours that contradict our other Ways of Being Co-op.
- Do what matters most – What matters most is ensuring that our students achieve the best possible outcomes.
- Show you care – We care about our Trust, our colleagues, our students, their parents, our Co-op and communities, now and for the future.
So, if you believe in our values we would love to hear from you!
Contact: For a discussion about the role, please contact Ross Dyson, HR Manager on email@example.com
How to apply
Completed applications should be returned to Hebe Lockyer, West Yorkshire HR Officer on firstname.lastname@example.org before the closing deadline of Monday 21 March 2022 at 9am.
Please ensure that you submit both Part A and Part B of the Application Form.
Co-op Academies Trust as an aware employer is committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults as its number one priority. This commitment to robust recruitment, selection and induction procedures extends to organisations and services linked to the Trust on its behalf. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check and two satisfactory references. All our colleagues are expected to demonstrate a commitment to co-operative values and principles.
The Trust is also committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage or civil partnerships.
Ross Dyson, HR Manager on email@example.com