- Contract type - Fixed term, 12 months
- Salary range - B5 SCP4 - SCP6 (£18,933 - £19,698 FTE or £14,160 - £14,732 actual salary)
- Location - Co-op Academy Parkland
- Closing date - June 7, 2021
We’re looking for a Teaching Assistant to join our team in September 2021!
As a Teaching Assistant you will support students learning across all year groups, as directed by the classroom teacher. You will support access to learning and provide general support to the teacher in the management of pupils and the classroom. Your experience, skills and knowledge will ensure that students receive specific support for their needs.
This post is for a fixed term contract until July 2022, and you will work from 8:30am – 3:30pm.
The ideal candidate will have relevant experience in an academy setting with an ability to interact positively with students, colleagues and parents. You will have the skills to manage pupil behaviour and be able to seek direction and support from the classroom teacher.
The role offers the successful candidate a challenge that will be both rewarding and fulfilling, with the support to achieve your own personal career goals and aspirations, whilst demonstrating a real commitment to the Co-op values and principles.
Salary: B5 SCP4 – SCP6 (£18,933 – £19,698 FTE or £14,160 – £14,732 actual salary)
Hours: 32.5 hours per week, term time only + 5 days
Co-op Academy Parkland is an exciting and dynamic workplace which offers an exceptional learning experience to all of its pupils. As part of the Co-op Academies Trust you will be joining a highly inspirational and ambitious organisation, which strives for excellence in all it does in order to achieve the best possible outcomes for its pupils. The Trust is a successful partnership of schools committed to raising the educational ambitions of the communities in which it sits. As part of the Trust we can offer a successful candidate a huge variety of opportunities for development and progression across all phases.
- Local government pension scheme and recognised continuous service
- Co-operative flexible benefits, including cycle to work and 5% Co-op discount
- Employee wellbeing committee with a dedicated health and well-being day
- Co-operative credit union
- Health-care cash-back scheme
- Discounted gym membership and leisure activities
- 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme
- Season ticket and rental deposit loans
We follow the Co-op’s ‘Ways of Being’ which are:
- Succeed together – Co-operating is what makes us different; we’re better and stronger when we work together.
- Be yourself, always – We bring our best self to the academy, so that we each contribute and respect others for doing the same. Of course, being yourself isn’t about excusing poor behaviours that contradict our other Ways of Being Co-op.
- Do what matters most – What matters most is ensuring that our students achieve the best possible outcomes.
- Show you care – We care about our Trust, our colleagues, our students, their parents, our Co-op and communities, now and for the future.
If you believe in our values and have experience for this role, we would love to hear from you!
Visits to the school are usually strongly welcomed, please contact Denise Emptage, Business Manager on email@example.com
Closing date for applications: Monday 7th June
Interviews will take place on: Monday 14th June
How to apply
Please complete PARTA and PARTB application forms attached below and email them back to firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information about Co-op Academy Parkland please visit our website: https://parkland.coopacademies.co.uk/ or for further information about Co-op Academies Trust please visit the Trust website here: www.coopacademies.co.uk
Co-op Academies Trust as an aware employer is committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults as its number one priority. This commitment to robust recruitment, selection and induction procedures extends to organisations and services linked to the Trust on its behalf. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check and two satisfactory references. We value variety and individual differences, and aim to create a culture, environment and practices at all levels which encompass acceptance, respect and inclusion. All our colleagues are expected to demonstrate a commitment to co-operative values and principles.
Denise Emptage, business manager: email@example.com