- Permanent and temporary | Term-time only
- Salary range - SCP 13-17 | £17,391 - £18,672 FTE | £12,674 - £13,607 pro rata
- Location - Co-op Academy Woodlands, Leeds
- Closing date - November 13, 2018
As a teaching assistant you’ll be working with our teachers, in class, to deliver excellent learning, coach children and more in this exciting and varied role.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for strong candidates to support teaching and learning at Co-op Academy Woodlands in Leeds. These roles are varied, and we are looking for adaptable, flexible and resourceful individuals able to cope in a high-pressure environment and deal with constantly changing priorities. This is a fantastic opportunity to be part of our academy and to join our highly motivated and forward thinking staff.
We’ve four positions available: three permanent, one temporary (until October 2019).
- Working with a wide range of class teachers to deliver excellent teaching and learning.
- Coaching children on a 1:1 or group basis.
- Accompanying groups on trips.
- Supporting assessment and evidencing learning
- Working with the teacher to create stimulating classroom displays and learning resources
- Maintaining a safe and positive environment for all learners
- Creating opportunities for all learners to reach their potential, irrespective of ability
What we offer
- Flexible, term-time hours
- The opportunity of working within a supportive, friendly environment in this well run and respected school.
- Good opportunities for personal and career development.
- Pension Scheme.
- Employee benefits such as childcare vouchers and retail discounts.
- Access to gym and free access to employee assistance programme.
Our candidate will have
- GCSE English and Maths at grade C or above.
- Previous administration or childcare experience.
- A proven ability to work on their own initiative.
- A high level of communication skills and the ability to relate positively to children and adults.
- The ability to use relevant technology/equipment.
- A can-do attitude.
- A commitment to the happiness well-being, self-esteem and progress of everyone at the school.
Co-op Academy Woodlands is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Appointments are made subject to an enhanced check with the Disclosure and Barring Service and a medical declaration.
“Co-op Academies Trust, as an aware employer is committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults as its number one priority. This commitment to robust recruitment, selection and induction procedures extends to organisations and services linked to the Trust on its behalf”.
Send completed application forms to Dawn Rough, Office Manager on email@example.com or to the Academy address
Closing date: Tuesday 13 November 2018 at 9am
Interviews: Tuesday 20 November 2018