Progress Assistant (Teaching Assistant)
- Contract type - Permanent, 30 hrs per week, term time only + 5 days
- Salary range - B3 grade, SCP 7-11 (£20,444 - £22,129 FTE or £14,114 - £15,277 actual) + amazing benefits
- Location - Co-op Academy Priesthorpe, Priesthorpe Lane, LS28 5SG
- Closing date - May 9, 2022
Looking for a new opportunity making a positive impact to young people’s lives? Want to work for an academy that has a fantastic culture and lives by its values?
We’re looking for a Progress Assistant to join our team for 30 hours per week!
As a Progress Assistant you will work under the guidance of the SEND Leader to implement agreed work programmes/intervention strategies with individuals or groups of students both in and out of the classroom. This may include assisting the teacher in their planning and management/preparation of resources.
At the top of your game, you’ll relate well to young people, collaborate effectively with other adults and have strong organisational skills. You’ll need to be an enthusiastic team player with the ability to use initiative, work independently and stay organised.
You’ll do all this whilst capturing the spirit of our vision and values and whilst role-modelling exceptional professional behaviours.
Co-op Academy Priesthorpe is situated in Pudsey and just 15 minutes from both Leeds and Bradford centre with places for 1250 students and 135 staff. The Academy has a very special ethos, which visitors continue to comment on. Equity and equality are key drivers for us in ensuring that all students have the opportunity to excel within a highly inclusive and supportive community.
All colleagues, teachers and support, are responsible for a small coaching group of students which they meet with for 1.5 hours over a week. Full training is offered and you will be buddied up with a teaching member of staff. This adds a very rewarding element to this role.
What our team does really counts. And we offer a wide range of benefits and rewards to recognise the part you play in our success. Whether they benefit your finances, your well-being, or your family, in or outside work. You are important to us!
- Dedicated well-being committee and well-being activities at the end of each term
- Supportive Academy Leadership Team
- ‘Community’ sessions once a week with free breakfast and 25 minutes to connect and chat with colleagues
- Local government pension scheme and recognised continuous service
- Co-operative flexible benefits, including cycle to work and 20% Co-op discount and 10% from non branded products. Discount on Co-op services (insurance & legal)
- Free flu vaccine and eye tests with money towards glasses
- Health-care cash-back scheme
- Discounted gym membership and leisure activities
- 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme offering advice to you and your family around legal, financial, health as well as free counselling
- Season ticket and rental deposit loans
We follow the Co-op’s ‘Ways of Being’ which are:
- Succeed together – Cooperating is what makes us different; we’re better and stronger when we work together.
- Be yourself, always – We bring our best self to the academy, so that we each contribute and respect others for doing the same. Of course, being yourself isn’t about excusing poor behaviours that contradict our other Ways of Being Co-op.
- Do what matters most – What matters most is ensuring that our students achieve the best possible outcomes.
- Show you care – We care about our Trust, our colleagues, our students, their parents, our Co-op and communities, now and for the future.
So, if you believe in our values we would love to hear from you!
Visits to the school are strongly welcomed and will follow our Covid risk assessment measures. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0113 2574115 and ask to speak to Hebe or Jess in HR or Emily the Principal’s PA. You can also view a virtual tour here: https://youtu.be/bq7aJECZmTc
Closing date for applications: Monday 9th May at 9am
Interviews will take place on: To be confirmed
How to apply
Let’s get the ball rolling, apply now. The Co-op Academies Trust operates blind shortlisting as part of its recruitment process to ensure a fair and rigorous process. Please complete PARTA and PARTB application forms attached below and email back to email@example.com before 9am on Monday 9th May.
If you have any further questions please contact Hebe or Jess in the HR team: firstname.lastname@example.org
Co-op Academies Trust as an aware employer is committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults as its number one priority. This commitment to robust recruitment, selection and induction procedures extends to organisations and services linked to the Trust on its behalf. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check and two satisfactory references. All our colleagues are expected to demonstrate a commitment to co-operative values and principles.
The Trust is also committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage or civil partnerships.
Hebe & Jess, HR Team: email@example.com
0113 257 4115