Co-op Academy Portland is proud to be a part of the Co-op Academies Trust, a group of academies united by the values underpinning the Co-operative movement: self-help, self-responsibility, democracy, equality, equity and solidarity.
Each staff member, governor and pupil/student in the Trust is expected to honour the fundamental commitment to the Ways of Being Co-op: Be yourself, always Do what matters most Show you care Succeed together
Co-op Academy Portland has 162 pupils on roll in eight classes including a Foundation One base. The academy is located in the north Birkenhead community. We are a happy, welcoming academy which has the child at the heart of all we do. We have very high standards of teaching and learning and our colleagues are committed to shaping and developing this work. We’ve recently reviewed many aspects of our curriculum and are currently implementing a number of exciting changes that will enhance pupil learning.
We are seeking to recruit a Key Stage 1 teacher to join our enthusiastic and supportive team for classroom teaching and to lead Special Needs provision across the school. The applicant will hold the National SENCo Qualification or have good progress towards completion of the qualification.
- You relish the opportunity to work in a Co-operative friendly caring environment, nurturing children to achieve their full
- potential and become valuable members of the community.
- You are enthusiastic and innovative and want to explore new ways of helping children learn.
- You are passionate about teaching and committed to delivering high standards.
- You want to join a team who will support your career progression.
- You can build excellent relationships between children, staff and parents
…we would welcome you to apply.
- Be passionate about supporting others in ensuring that children with SEN are able to reach their learning potential
- Contribute to the Senior Leadership Team
- Have the expertise and determination to integrate inclusion into all areas of school life.
“The Co-op Academies Trust is committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults as its number one priority. This commitment to robust recruitment, selection and induction procedures extends to organisations and services linked to the Trust”.
To arrange a visit to the academy you can do this by contacting the academy office on 0151 652 5124 or email@example.com.