Are you looking to share your passion of English within a vibrant secondary academy? Do you want to work for an Academy Trust which has a strong ethos and lives by its values?
We’re looking for a Teacher of English to join our team in January 2022!
As a Teacher of English you will support the Faculty Leader to implement and deliver an appropriately broad, balanced, relevant and differentiated curriculum for students, supporting the English Department, to improve the outcomes for students.
At the top of your game, you’ll have successful experience of teaching at KS3, 4 and possibly 5. You’ll also have great behaviours, strong organisational skills, the ability to collaborate effectively, and be able to work constructively as part of a team. How and why you do things matters greatly to us, as does your ability to use your initiative, work independently and be resilient.
You’ll do all this while capturing the spirit of our vision and values and role-modelling exceptional professional behaviours.
This post is full time to start in January and is suitable for NQTs.
Co-op Academy Priesthorpe is situated in Pudsey and just 15 minutes from both Leeds and Bradford centre with places for 1250 students and 130 staff. The Academy has a very special ethos, which visitors continue to comment on. Equity and equality are key drivers for us in ensuring that all students have the opportunity to excel within a highly inclusive and supportive community.
What our team does really counts. And we offer a wide range of benefits and rewards to recognise the part you play in our success. Whether they benefit your finances, your well-being, or your family, in or outside work. You are important to us!
- Dedicated well-being weeks at the end of each term and a well-being committee
- Supportive Academy Leadership Team
- ‘Community’ sessions once a week with free breakfast and 20 minutes to chat to colleagues
- Local government pension scheme and recognised continuous service
- Co-operative flexible benefits, including cycle to work and 5% Co-op discount
- Employee well-being committee with a dedicated health and well-being day
- Co-operative credit union
- Health-care cash-back scheme
- Discounted gym membership and leisure activities
- 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme
- Season ticket and rental deposit loans
All colleagues, teachers and support, are responsible for a coaching group of students which they meet with for 1.5 hours over a week. Full training is offered and you will be buddied up with a support member of staff. This adds a very rewarding element to this role.
We follow the Co-op’s ‘Ways of Being’ which are:
- Succeed together – Cooperating is what makes us different; we’re better and stronger when we work together.
- Be yourself, always – We bring our best self to the academy, so that we each contribute and respect others for doing the same. Of course, being yourself isn’t about excusing poor behaviours that contradict our other Ways of Being Co-op.
- Do what matters most – What matters most is ensuring that our students achieve the best possible outcomes.
- Show you care – We care about our Trust, our colleagues, our students, their parents, our Co-op and communities, now and for the future.
So, no matter if you’re just beginning your teaching career or looking to further develop, if you believe in our values we would love to hear from you!
Visits to the school are strongly welcomed and will follow our Covid risk assessment measures. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0113 2574115 and ask to speak to HR or the Principal’ PA. You can also view a virtual tour here: https://youtu.be/bq7aJECZmTc
If you have any further questions please contact the HR team: email@example.com
Closing date for applications: Wednesday 6th October 2021
Interviews will take place on W/c 11th October (TBC)
How to apply
Let’s get the ball rolling, apply now. The Co-op Academies Trust operates blind shortlisting as part of its recruitment process to ensure a fair and rigorous process. Please complete PARTA and PARTB application forms attached on our website and email back to firstname.lastname@example.org
Co-op Academies Trust as an aware employer is committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults as its number one priority. This commitment to robust recruitment, selection and induction procedures extends to organisations and services linked to the Trust on its behalf. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check and two satisfactory references. All our colleagues are expected to demonstrate a commitment to co-operative values and principles.
The Trust is also committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage or civil partnerships.
0113 257 4115