Teacher of Design Technology
- Salary range - MPS/UPS (TLR available for suitably experienced candidate)
- Location - Leeds
- Closing date - May 4, 2018
The Cooperative Academy of Leeds is a popular and genuinely comprehensive 11-18 school located just outside the
city centre of Leeds, with easy access from major motorways and good transport links.
The Academy is part of the Cooperative Academies Trust, which currently comprises six secondary Academies in
Leeds, Manchester and Stoke-on-Trent and five primary Academies based in Leeds, although there are plans for
expansion across both phases in the coming years.
Since our last Ofsted inspection, when the Academy was judged to Require Improvement, we have made significant
advances in the quality of teaching and learning and the progress of our students is rapidly improving. We are fully
committed to working towards our ambition of becoming a Good and then Outstanding Academy and wish to welcome
an inspiring and driven colleague who will share this goal. Our most recent monitoring visit determined that the
academy is taking “effective action” towards being good in the next full inspection.
We are seeking to appoint a Teacher of Design Technology to support us in our drive for improvement. A TLR is available to a suitably experienced candidate alongside negotiable management responsibilities.
You will be:
– An effective classroom practitioner with a proven track record of inspiring and motivating students
– Able to plan for success and evaluate progress and outcomes
– Committed to working closely with leadership to raise student aspiration and achievement
– Able to coach, inspire and enthuse students effectively
-Passionate about child-centered educational values as espoused by Co-op Academies Trust
You can expect:
– Outstanding professional support
– Opportunities for career development
– An Academy with a burgeoning reputation for improvement
– The support of a forward-looking and values-driven Academies Trust
– A vibrant and dynamic student body which deserves the very best in teaching and support
The successful candidate will be joining us at our most exciting time and will play a substantial role in building on our
vision for continued future success.
Any candidate wishing to visit the Academy prior to submitting an application is encouraged to contact us using the
email address shown below to arrange this.
An enhanced DBS disclosure will be required for this position. A conviction may not exclude candidates from
appointment but will be considered as part of the recruitment process. The Academy is committed to safeguarding
and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Further details and application forms can be found on the Academy’s website www.cal.coop or by contacting Dianne
Singleton at email@example.com. This is also the email address to which completed applications should be
For more information visit: http://www.cal.coop/about/vacancies/current-vacancies