Closing date: noon on Wednesday 6 January 2021
Based in Bradford, West Yorkshire we have an exciting opportunity for a Subject Leader of PE to support the Director of Area in all aspects of the leadership and management of the PE area:
- You’ll be an excellent practitioner with the ability to secure excellent progress and attainment by exciting and inspiring learners;
- You’ll ensure high standards of teaching and marking, assessment and feedback lead to good and outstanding progress and attainment for all students within PE
- Alongside the Director of Area, you’ll inspire, motivate and influence staff, in securing the highest standards of teaching and learning in order to promote student progress
- Alongside the Director of Area, you’ll develop and embed, as required, a consistent approach to marking assessment and feedback
- You’ll form part of a wider team of TLR holders who with the Director of Area lead the strategic direction of the Area
- You’ll secure and sustain a positive climate to learning and behaviour of students
- You’ll be accountable to the Director of Area for the effectiveness of the work that you lead and undertake.
- You’ll take part in quality assurance processes and performance manage a range of staff within the Area to secure improvements and provide opportunities for professional development.
- You’ll develop and sustain relationships with others both within and outside of school.
- You’ll contribute to the development of a whole school approach to the development of basic skills.
- You’ll maintain knowledge and understanding of the school vison values and ethos, priorities, targets and action plans.
INTERESTED? For further information please refer to the Job Description and Person Specification.
Visits to our Academy are usually strongly welcomed however due to COVID-19 are unfortunately not possible. Please find further information about us on our website:
Please find further information about us on our website:
To find out further information about the Co-op Academies Trust visit:
To find out further information about this role visit:
The Co-op Academies Trust operates blind shortlisting as part of its recruitment process to ensure a fair and rigorous process. To Apply please complete Application Form PART A and Application Form PART B and email them to:
Co-op Academies Trust aims to provide an outstanding education for all our learners, founded on co-operative values, at the heart of the community. It is responsible for twenty six academies in Leeds, Wirral, Manchester and Stoke-on-Trent with the Co-op acting as the sponsor
You’ll join a talented staff team and a successful partnership of schools which is committed to raising the educational ambitions of the communities it serves. As part of the Trust we can offer successful candidates a huge variety of opportunities for development and progression across all phases.
This is a fantastic opportunity to be part of our ‘Requires Improvement’ school (Ofsted January 2019), joining a highly motivated and forward-thinking staff team and contributing to our next level of successful development. Ofsted has judged that the school has improved after much hard work from the staff and students over the past two and a half years. Co-op Academy Grange are already working hard and looking to improve on the feedback given in the recent report. You can read the full report here: http://www.southfieldgrange.org.uk/grange-ofsted. Get on board now because Co-op Academy Grange is back on track and going places. Following the merger with the Co-op Academies Trust, on 1 June 2019, this is such an exciting time to join us and make your mark on this journey.
What we offer:
- Excellent opportunities for personal and career development within the Co-op Academies Trust
- Employee benefits such as retail discounts, reduced gym membership, cycle to work scheme and much more
- Free access to a confidential 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme
- Effective, supportive and dynamic leadership across Co-op Academy Grange
- A superb, school building with a flexible and creative ICT rich working environment
- Enthusiastic students who are keen to make good progress
- Welcoming, friendly, supportive, effective and efficient professional/Continuing professional development
Co-op Academy Grange is an inspiring place to work and learn and as part of the Co-op Academies Trust, aims to secure excellence in all aspects of its work. We’re a larger than average inner-city academy, the largest school in south Bradford, within the Little Horton ward (BD5). 45% of households are described as either D- working class or E – non-working. 42% of properties have three or more bedrooms. The largest ethnic group is Pakistani at 43% (Bradford 20%) and second largest white British at 15% (Bradford 64%). 17% of people living in Bradford were born outside the UK. The 2011 census identifies 80% of homes in BD5 having one or more deprivation dimensions. Bradford authority identifies a clear correlation between wards with high deprivation and a lack of positive outcomes across a range of measures. We’re a highly inclusive school fully committed to improving a range of outcomes for our students. We make a real difference to the lives of our students and welcome applications from others who wish to join us in this important work.
Co-op Academy Grange is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Appointments are made subject to an enhanced check with the Disclosure and Barring Service and a medical declaration.
“Co-op Academies Trust, as an aware employer is committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults as its number one priority. This commitment to robust recruitment, selection and induction procedures extends to organisations and services linked to the Trust on its behalf”.
For further information, please contact Human Resources by email at: email@example.com