Based in Bradford, West Yorkshire we’re looking for a Sports Centre Assistant.
You’ll be working within the Sports Centre on evenings, and weekends, setting up equipment and assisting sports centre users with activities – inside and outside.
The job will require evening and weekend working (spread over up to 5 days per week) with variable hours (more worked in summer due to increased bookings)
Under the guidance of the Sports Centre Manager (or Deputy) you’ll:
- make bookings, deal with customer enquiries;
- set out and put away equipment in accordance with daily bookings and changeover sheets or as directed;
- keep the Sports Centre clean and tidy;
- deal with members of the public in a professional manner assisting where necessary and show them how to use the equipment properly;
- assist in ensuring the Sports Centre facilities are safe and secure;
- ensure that facilities are fit for purpose and maintained to required standards;
- act as a first aider.
- a love of sport;
- the ability to communicate successfully with the spoken and written word;
- experience of working in a customer facing environment;
- a willingness to undertake necessary training – e.g. first aid;
- a willingness to undertake all the elements of the role.
Co-op Academies Trust aims to provide an outstanding education for all our learners, founded on co-operative values, at the heart of the community. It is responsible for twenty-six academies in Leeds, Wirral, Manchester and Stoke-on-Trent with the Co-op acting as the sponsor
You’ll join a talented staff team and a successful partnership of schools which is committed to raising the educational ambitions of the communities it serves. As part of the Trust we can offer successful candidates a huge variety of opportunities for development and progression across all phases.
For further detailed information please refer to the Job Description and Person Specification.
The Co-op Academies Trust operates blind shortlisting as part of its recruitment process to ensure a fair and rigorous process. To Apply please complete Application Form PART A and Application Form PART B and email them to:
CLOSING DATE: Midnight 8 February 2022
RECRUITMENT SELECTION DATE: w/c 14 February 2022
What we offer:
- Excellent opportunities for personal and career development within the Co-op Academies Trust
- Employee benefits such as retail discounts, reduced gym membership, cycle to work scheme and much more
- Free access to a confidential 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme
- Effective, supportive and dynamic leadership
- A superb, school building with a flexible and creative ICT rich working environment.
- Enthusiastic students who are keen to make good progress
- Welcoming, friendly, supportive, effective and efficient professional/Continuing professional development
Co-op Academies Trust is committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage or civil partnerships.
Co-op Academies Trust as an aware employer is committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults as its number one priority. This commitment to robust recruitment, selection and induction procedures extends to organisations and services linked to the Trust on its behalf. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check. We value variety and individual differences, and aim to create a culture, environment and practices at all levels which encompass acceptance, respect and inclusion. All our colleagues are expected to demonstrate a commitment to co-operative values and principles, and the Ways of Being Co-op.
Should you have any questions regarding the role, or would like an informal discussion with the manager please contact Human Resources in the first instance via email: email@example.com