We’re looking for a Special Educational Needs Teaching Assistant to help deliver excellent teaching and learning to students with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities. You’ll need to be flexible, providing children one-to-one and group support.
Starting: September 2021
- Working with a wide range of class teachers to deliver excellent teaching and learning.
- Coaching children on a 1:1 or group basis.
- Accompanying children on trips.
- Provide personal care to children.
- Supporting assessment and evidencing learning
- Working with the teacher to create stimulating classroom displays and learning resources
- Maintaining a safe and positive environment for all learners
- Creating opportunities for all learners to reach their potential, irrespective of ability
What we offer:
- We are the Telegraph & Argus “School of the Year” winner 2021
- The opportunity of working within a supportive, friendly environment in this well run and respected school.
- A fantastic school of wonderful children ready and eager to learn.
- Good opportunities for personal and career development.
- Pension Scheme.
- Employee benefits including discounts for a variety of retailers and other organisations.
- Access to an employee assistance programme.
The right candidate will have:
- GCSE English and Maths at grade C or above or equivalent qualifications.
- Previous primary school or childcare experience.
- Previous experience of working with children with SEND.
- A proven ability to work on their own initiative.
- A high level of communication skills and the ability to relate positively to children and adults.
- The ability to use relevant technology/equipment.
- A can-do attitude.
- Patience and empathy.
- A commitment to the happiness, well-being, self-esteem and progress of everyone at the school.
- A passion for ensuring SEND children’s needs are met and lead to better outcomes.
- The ability to communicate well with other professionals and the family of the pupil and recognising the importance of good relationships with parents and carers.
Co-op Academies Trust as an aware employer is committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults as its number one priority. This commitment to robust recruitment, selection and induction procedures extends to organisations and services linked to the Trust on its behalf. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check and two satisfactory references. We value variety and individual differences, and aim to create a culture, environment and practices at all levels which encompass acceptance, respect and inclusion. All our colleagues are expected to demonstrate a commitment to co-operative values and principles.
To arrange a visit to school, please contact Suzy Zito, Business Manager on 01274 662363 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please return your completed application form (Part A and Part B) to email@example.com by Friday 16 July 2021.