Special Educational Needs Teaching Assistant
- Permanent - Term Time only + 5 days - Contracted hours: 32.5
- Salary range - B3 (SCP 18 – 21) £18,870 - £20,541 pro rata
- Location - Leeds
- Closing date - June 8, 2018
At Co-op Academy Nightingale we are seeking an experienced candidate to support children with a special education need. The candidate would preferably have prior knowledge and experience of supporting children with autism, speech and language and/or emotional need.
This is a fantastic opportunity to be part of our academy and to join our highly motivated and forward thinking staff.
- Possessing of energy and enthusiasm and committed to enabling every child to be successful
- Patient and resourceful
- Innovative and flexible in your approach and quick to take on new initiatives
- Committed to the highest expectations of achievement and behaviour and to continuous school improvement
- Someone who enjoys a challenge and has the determination to make a difference
- Able to develop positive relationships with all members of the school community
- Committed to your own personal professional development. Keen to expand their knowledge, skills and understanding of learning and education
- Supportive of partnerships with parents, governors and the community
Nightingale and the Trust can offer you:
- The opportunity to work in a highly successful Academy with a growing reputation as a high-performing educational setting
- Significant opportunities for professional development and growth within the Academy and the Trust
- The opportunity to work under the ethics and values of the Co-operative
- A friendly and positive staff team
- Friendly and hardworking children
- Co-op Academies Trust benefits package including discount gym memberships & leisure offers, childcare vouchers, cycle to work, Co-op Credit Union, season ticket & rental deposit loans, cash-back healthcare scheme and co-operative discount offers
- Co-op Academy Nightingale is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
- Informal visits to Nightingale are always welcome. Appointments are made subject to disclosure and barring service and medical declaration.
“Co-op Academies Trust as an aware employer is committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults as its number one priority. This commitment to robust recruitment, selection and induction procedures extends to organisations and services linked to the Trust on its behalf. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check. We value variety and individual differences, and aim to create a culture, environment and practices at all levels which encompass acceptance, respect and inclusion. All our colleagues are expected to demonstrate a commitment to co-operative values and principles”
CV’s are not accepted as part of our recruitment process. If you are interested in applying for this post please apply through e-teach or contact Sharon Pritchard at S.firstname.lastname@example.org If you have any queries about this vacancy please contact Sharon Pritchard at S.pritchard@nightingalecoop
For more information visit: http://www.nightingale.coop/vacancies