Senior Teacher – Vocational Pathway
- Contract type - Permanent, full time
- Salary range - MPS - TLR1a (Equivalent to £8291 per annum)
- Location - Co-op Academy Southfield
- Closing date - July 18, 2021
Co-op Academy Southfield is part of The Co-op Academies Trust and are co-located with Co-op Academy Grange, a mainstream secondary Academy in Bradford, West Yorkshire.
Co-op Academy Southfield caters for around 305 students and we are one of the largest special schools in the country. We have on-site support from other professionals including Speech and Language Therapists, the School Nursing team, Physiotherapy teams as well as support from Social Care and other services. We enjoy close links with education, leisure, sporting and commercial organisations across the locality and we are keen to actively promote these partnerships for the benefit of the children in our care.
Co-op Academies Trust aims to provide an outstanding education for all our learners, founded on co-operative values, at the heart of the community. It is responsible for twenty-six Academies across Greater Manchester, Staffordshire & Merseyside and West Yorkshire with the Co-op acting as the sponsor.
Working alongside the Pathway Leader to help lead the provision of an effective Vocational Curriculum Pathway for children and young people with SEND, so that they grow and develop well to become as confident, resilient and independent as possible, as they prepare for adulthood.
- To support the Pathway Leader in all aspects of the leadership and management of the pathway.
- To ensure high standards of teaching, assessment and curriculum impact, by challenging and holding others to account when required, leading to good and outstanding progress and attainment for students within the pathway.
- To ensure that students in the Pathway are kept safe and that any safeguarding risks are responded to as the first priority.
- Alongside the Senior Leadership Team inspire, motivate and influence staff, in securing the highest standards of teaching and learning in order to promote student progress.
- Alongside the Pathway Leader develop and embed, as required, a consistent approach to assessment, feedback and evidencing progress.
- To secure and sustain a positive climate to learning and behaviour of students in the Pathway by contributing to the design and implementation of a stimulating and engaging curriculum.
- To be accountable to the Headteacher for the effectiveness of the work that you lead and undertake.
- To take part in quality assurance processes and performance manage a range of staff within the Pathway to secure improvements and provide opportunities for professional development.
- To develop and sustain relationships with others both within and outside of school.
- To contribute to the development of a whole school approach to the development of basic skills.
- To proactively promote knowledge and understanding of the school vision, values and ethos, priorities, targets and action plans.
Please refer to the Job Description and Person Specification for further information.
Interested? You’ll join a talented business team and a successful partnership of schools which is committed to raising the educational ambitions of the communities it serves. As part of the Trust we can offer successful candidates a huge variety of opportunities for development.
What we offer:
- Excellent opportunities for personal and career development within the Co-op Academies Trust
- Employee benefits such as retail discounts, reduced gym membership, cycle to work scheme and much more
- Free access to a confidential 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme
- Effective, supportive and dynamic leadership across Co-op Academy Southfield
- A superb, school building with a flexible and creative ICT rich working environment
- Enthusiastic students who are keen to make good progress
- Welcoming, friendly, supportive, effective and efficient professional/continuing professional development
Visits to our Academy are welcomed and appropriate safety measures in light of Covid are in place should you decide to visit us.
The Co-op Academies Trust operates blind shortlisting as part of its recruitment process to ensure a fair and rigorous process. To Apply please complete Application Form PART A and Application Form PART B and email them to:
CLOSING DATE: Midnight, 18 July 2021
SHORTLISTING DATE: 19 July 2021
RECRUITMENT SELECTION DATE: w/c 19 July 2021
Co-op Academies Trust as an aware employer is committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults as its number one priority. This commitment to robust recruitment, selection and induction procedures extends to organisations and services linked to the Trust on its behalf.
This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
We value variety and individual differences, and aim to create a culture, environment and practices at all levels which encompass acceptance, respect and inclusion. All our colleagues are expected to demonstrate a commitment to co-operative values and principles.
For further information or to arrange a visit to the school, please contact Human Resources by email at: email@example.com or by telephone on 01274 799662.