PVC Cleaner – Co-op Academy Southfield – Pathfinder Vocational Centre (PVC)
- Contract type - Permanent part time, 10.00am to 2.00pm Monday to Friday. 20 hours per week, term time only
- Salary range - £9.30 per hour
- Location - Bradford - Co-op Academy Southfield
- Closing date - March 15, 2021
10.00am to 2.00pm Monday to Friday. 20 hours per week, term time only
Based in Bradford, West Yorkshire we have a permanent vacancy for a part time Cleaner to provide an efficient, effective, proactive and comprehensive cleaning service at our Pathfinder Vocational Centre.
- You’ll ensure the cleanliness and tidiness of all legacy buildings outside of the PFI contract including, regular cleaning of touch points and toilets.
- You’ll undertake all aspects of cleaning / tidying and operate machinery where necessary and ensure a safe environment for students, staff and other users of legacy buildings.
- You’ll undertake all aspects of cleaning, including using machinery, checking stock levels, and using chemicals in line with COSHH legislation whilst using methods and frequencies in line with requirements of cleaning specifications and safe working practices.
- You’ll complete routine administrative and finance duties in relation to the role, eg raising purchase orders for approval by the budget holder.
- You’ll have successful working practices in cleaning and experience of using general cleaning equipment, e.g. vacuums and carpet cleaners .You’ll be self-motivated, resilient and be flexible. You’ll also be able to work evenings and weekends if required.
Co-op Academy Southfield is part of The Co-op Academies Trust and are co-located with Co-op Academy Grange, a mainstream secondary Academy in Bradford. Co-op Academy Southfield caters for around 220 including 80 in our Sixth Form and 8 at our Project SEARCH site at the Bradford Royal Infirmary. The main school houses Key Stages 3 and 4 in the main building.
Co-op Academies Trust aims to provide an outstanding education for all our learners, founded on co-operative values, at the heart of the community. It is responsible for twenty-five academies in Leeds, Wirral, Manchester and Stoke-on-Trent with the Co-op acting as the sponsor. You’ll join a talented business team and a successful partnership of schools which is committed to raising the educational ambitions of the communities it serves. As part of the Trust we can offer successful candidates a huge variety of opportunities for development.
At Co-op Academy Southfield we have on-site support from other professionals including Speech and Language Therapists, the School Nursing team, Physiotherapy teams as well as support from Social Care and other services. Our school also enjoys close links with education, leisure, sporting and commercial organisations across the locality and we are keen to actively promote these partnerships for the benefit of the children in our care.
What we offer:
- Excellent opportunities for personal and career development within the Co-op Academies Trust
- Employee benefits such as retail discounts, reduced gym membership, cycle to work scheme and much more
- Free access to a confidential 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme
- Effective, supportive and dynamic leadership across Co-op Academy Southfield
- A superb, school building with a flexible and creative ICT rich working environment
- Enthusiastic students who are keen to make good progress
- Welcoming, friendly, supportive, effective and efficient professional/continuing professional development
Visits to our Academy are usually strongly welcomed however due to COVID-19 are unfortunately not possible.
The Co-op Academies Trust operates blind shortlisting as part of its recruitment process to ensure a fair and rigorous process. To Apply please complete Application Form PART A and Application Form PART B and email them to:
Co-op Academies Trust as an aware employer is committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults as its number one priority. This commitment to robust recruitment, selection and induction procedures extends to organisations and services linked to the Trust on its behalf.
This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
We value variety and individual differences, and aim to create a culture, environment and practices at all levels which encompass acceptance, respect and inclusion. All our colleagues are expected to demonstrate a commitment to co-operative values and principles.
Closing Date: 9 am Monday 15 March 2021
Recruitment date: Thursday 18 March 2021
For further information, please contact Human Resources by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org