Based in Bradford, West Yorkshire this is an exciting opportunity for someone to join us and support students in receipt of pupil premium funding. As Pupil Premium Attendance Officer:
- You’ll track attendance and punctuality for individual students and for this group of students using the school’s database and to proactively intervene when there are issues with punctuality and truancy, including home visits and bringing students to school.
- You’ll conduct regular one-to-one discussions with every Pupil Premium pupil for whom attendance (including persistent absenteeism and internal/external truancy) from school is identified as an issue.
- You’ll obtain and record and analyse information from students, form tutors, the SENDCO, Achievement Leaders, pastoral staff and from any other agencies regarding the attendance patterns of each Pupil Premium pupil.
- You’ll provide the Attendance Manager with progress reports on Pupil Premium attendance.
Interested ? You’ll be educated to NVQ Level 4 or equivalent (or have significant experience) including GCSE English and Maths (A – C) equivalent and demonstrate experience of working with young people in an educational setting. You’ll have excellent organisational skills to enable planning, prioritising and delivering of work to tight deadlines. As a self starter you will be able to use your own initiative and have the ability to analyse situations to establish the most effective course of action. A driving licence is essential in this role as you will be required to drive minibus (training driving the minibus will be provided to the right candidate).
For further information please refer to the Job Description and Person Specification.
Closing date: 9.00am on Thursday 24 September 2020
Shortlisting date: Friday 25 September 2020
Recruitment Selection date: w/c 28 September 2020
Co-op Academies Trust aims to provide an outstanding education for all our learners, founded on co-operative values, at the heart of the community. It is responsible for twenty five academies in Leeds, Wirral, Manchester and Stoke-on-Trent with the Co-op acting as the sponsor.
You’ll join a talented team and a successful partnership of schools which is committed to raising the educational ambitions of the communities it serves. As part of the Trust we can offer successful candidates a huge variety of opportunities for development.
What we offer:
- Excellent opportunities for personal and career development within the Co-op Academies Trust
- Employee benefits such as retail discounts, reduced gym membership, cycle to work scheme and much more
- Free access to a confidential 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme
- Effective, supportive and dynamic leadership across Co-op Academy Southfield
- A superb, school building with a flexible and creative ICT rich working environment
- Enthusiastic students who are keen to make good progress
- Welcoming, friendly, supportive, effective and efficient professional/continuing professional development
Co-op Academies Trust as an aware employer is committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults as its number one priority. This commitment to robust recruitment, selection and induction procedures extends to organisations and services linked to the Trust on its behalf.
This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
We value variety and individual differences, and aim to create a culture, environment and practices at all levels which encompass acceptance, respect and inclusion. All our colleagues are expected to demonstrate a commitment to co-operative values and principles.
Visits to our Academy are usually strongly welcomed however due to COVID-19 are unfortunately not possible. Please find further information about us on our website:
The Co-op Academies Trust operates blind shortlisting as part of its recruitment process to ensure a fair and rigorous process. To Apply please complete Application Form PART A and Application Form PART B and email them to: