Do you want to join a vibrant team making a difference to young people’s lives? Do you want to work for an Academy Trust which has a strong ethos and lives by its values? This really is an exciting opportunity!
If this sounds like you then this could be the role you are looking for…
We’re looking for a Progress Assistant to join our team!
We’re seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and committed individual to support students learning across all key stages, as directed by the classroom teacher. You will support in the classroom, small intervention groups or on a 1:1 basis and act as keyworker for a small number of SEND students. Your experience, skills and knowledge will ensure that students receive specific support for their needs.
You’ll do all this whilst capturing the spirit of our vision and values and whilst role-modelling exceptional professional behaviours.
This post is for a fixed term position until July 2022, working 30 hours per week, term time only + 5 days. The full time equivalent salary is £20,092 – £21,748, and the actual term time only salary is £13,871 – £15,015.
Co-op Academy Priesthorpe is situated in Pudsey and just 15 minutes from both Leeds and Bradford centre with places for 1250 students and 135 colleagues. The Academy has a very special ethos, which visitors continue to comment on. Equity and equality are key drivers for us in ensuring that all students have the opportunity to excel within a highly inclusive and supportive community.
What our team does really counts. And we offer a wide range of benefits and rewards to recognise the part you play in our success. Whether they benefit your finances, your well-being, or your family, in or outside work. You are important to us!
- Dedicated well-being weeks at the end of each term and a well-being committee
- Supportive Academy Leadership Team
- ‘Community’ sessions once a week with free breakfast and 25 minutes to chat to colleagues
- Local government pension scheme and recognised continuous service
- Co-operative flexible benefits, including cycle to work and 5% Co-op discount
- Co-operative credit union
- Health-care cash-back scheme
- Discounted gym membership and leisure activities
- 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme
- Season ticket and rental deposit loans
All colleagues, teachers and support, are responsible for a coaching group of students which they meet with for 1.5 hours over a week. Full training is offered and you will be buddied up with a teaching member of staff. This adds a very rewarding element to this role.
We follow the Co-op’s ‘Ways of Being’ which are:
- Succeed together – Co-operating is what makes us different; we’re better and stronger when we work together.
- Be yourself, always – We bring our best self to the academy, so that we each contribute and respect others for doing the same. Of course, being yourself isn’t about excusing poor behaviours that contradict our other Ways of Being Co-op.
- Do what matters most – What matters most is ensuring that our students achieve the best possible outcomes.
- Show you care – We care about our Trust, our colleagues, our students, their parents, our Co-op and communities, now and for the future.
If you believe in our values and have experience for this role, we would love to hear from you!
Visits to the school are strongly welcomed and will follow our Covid risk assessment measures. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0113 2574115 and ask to speak to HR. You can also view a virtual tour here: https://youtu.be/bq7aJECZmTc
Closing date for applications: Monday 1st November, 9am
Interviews will take place on: TBC
How to apply
The Co-op Academies Trust operates blind shortlisting as part of its recruitment process to ensure a fair and rigorous process. Please complete PARTA and PARTB application forms and email them back to email@example.com.
For further information about Co-op Academy Priesthorpe please visit our website: www.priesthorpe.coopacademies.co.uk or for further information about Co-op Academies Trust please visit the Trust website here: www.coopacademies.co.uk
Co-op Academies Trust as an aware employer is committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults as its number one priority. This commitment to robust recruitment, selection and induction procedures extends to organisations and services linked to the Trust on its behalf. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check and two satisfactory references. We value variety and individual differences, and aim to create a culture, environment and practices at all levels which encompass acceptance, respect and inclusion. All our colleagues are expected to demonstrate a commitment to co-operative values and principles.