To start September 2021: The Governing Body is seeking to appoint a highly committed professional as Pastoral Leader for Year 10. Our aim is to maintain excellent standards in behaviour and attendance across the cohort. We are looking to appoint a highly skilled and dedicated leader who is able to inspire students to achieve their very best. The successful candidate will possess the necessary interpersonal skills thus enabling them to establish trusting, supportive and effective working partnerships with young people, parents and carers under the strategic oversight of the Deputy Head teacher and Senior Pastoral Leader.
- To lead both the team of tutors and cohort of students. This involves giving a clear vision and direction to work, identifying key areas for improvement and planning appropriate actions to meet them.
- To manage both the people and resources associated with their year group.
- To monitor the quality of the learning experience for their year group, liaising with Progress Leaders and Subject Leaders whilst offering support and guidance where necessary.
- To promote the ethos of the school through leading high quality assemblies.
- To have an overview of all the different care and guidance for students’ e.g. SENCO, teaching assistants, external agencies etc.
- To provide a link for parents, tutors, SENCO, teachers, Heads of Department, SLT and external agencies.
- To initiate and respond to communications with parents ensuring that they are kept fully informed and involved in the progress of their children.
- To contribute to the organisation of any parent information evenings by encouraging and monitoring parent attendance to such events.
- To monitor student behaviour and attendance in consultation with key staff, decide on appropriate sanctions, interventions and rewards.
- To oversee students on report and make contact with parents when necessary.
At Coop Academy Bebington positive experiences and outcomes for all our students is paramount. All actions of the Pastoral Leader should reflect this determination to support and engage our learners.
Completed application forms and covering letter (no more than two sides of A4) should be forwarded to firstname.lastname@example.org Academy HR Advisor and address your experience to date and aptitudes for the post.
Closing date: Friday 6th August – noon
Interviews: Thursday 12th August