Co-op Academy Broadhurst is part of the Co-op Academies Trust. We are a good school with an outstanding Early Years Foundation Stage. We are proud of our caring and inclusive ethos.
‘School leaders have successfully created a strong safeguarding culture throughout the school. Caring for vulnerable pupils and their families is at the heart of the school’s work.’ – OFSTED November 2017
We are seeking an experienced Parent and Family Support Advisor to join a supportive team of professionals who are committed to enabling our pupils to achieve their very best. You will work across the age range of the academy (3 – 11 years of age) and will be passionate about driving forward improvements in outcomes for all children through ensuring they are in school. Other necessary qualities include confidentiality, efficiency, being able to work on your own initiative when under pressure and a willingness to contribute to the continued improvement of our Academy.
You need to be flexible and adjust to the needs of the children, their families and the school. You will be expected to use your own transport to make home visits and attend meetings.
We can offer you:
- A caring and supportive academy community that is culturally diverse and inclusive
- An Academy that puts children and families at the heart of its work
- A dedicated staff committed to achieving high standards
- A supportive, warm and welcoming ethos
- Excellent CPD opportunities
- Well-behaved children who care about each other and are enthusiastic about their learning
- An opportunity to be part of a supportive Trust that places the needs of children and young people in its care at the heart of its work
- Benefits including: Co-op staff discount, Co-operative flexible benefits, including cycle to work, Health-care cash-back scheme, Discounted gym membership & leisure activities
We are looking for a Parent and Family Support Advisor who:
- Has experience of making Early Help referrals and referrals to social care.
- Has undertaken Designated Safeguarding Lead training
- Can lead on supporting attendance
- Is enthusiastic and motivated
- Shares our passion for providing all children with the support they need to succeed
- Has an understanding and empathy for some of the issues and challenges that our children and families may face
- Can build a positive and supportive relationship with our families
- Can lead on parent engagement activities within the Academy
- Has resilience, emotional intelligence and excellent communication skills
Please find the job description, person specification and application form below.
Tel: 0161 681 4288
Tel: 0161 681 4288