Maths Teacher (Maternity cover)
- Maternity cover
- Salary range - MPS / UPS
- Location - Co-op Academy Priesthorpe
- Closing date - July 14, 2019
We’re looking for a Maths teacher to cover maternity leave
The purpose of the role:
- To support the Faculty Leader to implement and deliver an appropriately broad, balanced, relevant and differentiated curriculum for students, supporting the Maths department, to improve the outcomes for students.
- To contribute to raising standards of attainment and achievement by monitoring and supporting student progress, and developing students
- To facilitate and encourage a learning experience which enables students to achieve their potential.
- To share and support the academy’s ethos to provide and monitor opportunities for personal and academic growth and success.
Co-op Academy Priesthorpe aims to provide an outstanding education for all our learners, founded on co-operative values. Our 2018 outcomes at both GCSE and A Level have offered much cause for celebration. Headline GCSE achievement has risen significantly when compared with 2017 figures.
Situated in Pudsey and just 15 minutes from both Leeds and Bradford centre, we provide places for 1250 students. The Academy has a very special ethos, which visitors continue to comment on. Equity and equality are key drivers for us in ensuring that all students have the opportunity to excel within a highly inclusive and supportive community.
We are looking to appoint a well-qualified, enthusiastic and inspirational teacher with a real passion and desire for Maths to cover maternity leave from the 18th November 2019 until July 2020.
This is a unique opportunity for the right individual to help shape and build on our vision and our ethos. This opportunity is for a talented and ambitious professional to make a valuable contribution to a strong Maths Department that secures good and continually improving outcomes.
The role offers the successful candidate a challenge that will be both rewarding and fulfilling and will support you to achieve your own personal career goals and aspirations.
- Local government pension scheme and recognised continuous service
- Co-operative flexible benefits, including cycle to work and 5% Co-op discount
- Employee wellbeing committee with a dedicated health and well-being day
- Co-operative credit union
- Health-care cash-back scheme
- Discounted gym membership and leisure activities
- 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme
- Season ticket and rental deposit loans
- Bi-weekly team newsletter to keep you up to date with staff news
How to apply?
To apply please complete our application form attached below and email back to firstname.lastname@example.org or post to: Co-op Academy Priesthorpe, Priesthorpe Lane, Pudsey, Leeds, LS28 5SG