We are a large inner city primary school situated in Leeds – part of Co-op Academies Trust.
Lunch time and Play Supervisors at Brownhill have an essential role in helping to realise the visions and values set out in the school’s policies. The opportunities that lunch times offer for children to play sociably, outdoors and in environments which enhance play are very valuable experiences for their well-being and development.
Lunchtime and Play Supervisors should make a valuable contribution to the management of the school and the care and wellbeing of the children. Happy and playful lunchtimes are an important part of the school day allowing children to eat, socialise and experience the benefits of freely chosen play.
Previous experience of working in school is preferable but not essential.
Duties will include:
- Supervising pupils in the lunch hall and on the playground
- Engaging pupils in play, facilitating play
- Assisting in behaviour management
- Ensuring safe and purposeful play and interactions for all pupils
This is a fantastic opportunity to be part of a forward thinking staff team, who are committed to improving the lives of its pupils.
You will need to:
- Be committed to the safeguarding of children
- Be committed to the education of children within inner city contexts
- Be committed to inclusive practices
Brownhill can offer you:
- A high level of support
- Very good professional development opportunities
- A friendly and positive staff team
Co-op Academies Trust’s benefits package includes:
- Discount gym memberships & leisure offers
- Childcare vouchers
- Cycle to work scheme
- Co-op Credit Union
- Season ticket & rental deposit loans,
- Cash-back healthcare scheme
- Co-op store membership and discount offers
Co-op Academy Brownhill is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Appointments are made subject to Disclosure and barring service and medical declaration.
“The Co-operative Academies Trust, as an aware employer is committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults as its number one priority. This commitment to robust recruitment, selection and induction procedures extends to organisations and services linked to the Trust on its behalf”.
If you have any queries about this vacancy please contact Natasha Browne - Natasha.firstname.lastname@example.org