Lettings and Community Use Development Officer
- Full Year, 35 hours per week. (ability to work flexibly as hours demand) (25 days holiday per year)
- Salary range - Grade 4, points 7 – 11 (£19,554 - £21,166) + annual bonus related to additional revenue generation targets
- Location - Co-op Academy Manchester
- Closing date - June 28, 2019
We are looking for an enthusiastic and ambitious individual to develop the use of our facilities outside school hours. This brand new post aims to further two key academy goals:
- to support the education of academy students by maximising revenue from community lettings or externally-funded community activities.
- to ensure that the academy is at the heart of local community life, and that its facilities are well used by local people.
Due to the nature of the role, we require a candidate who is able to work flexibly (including evenings and weekends) to be an outward-facing representative of the academy. The successful candidate will work close with the Community Team (who lead on marketing the academy and community liaison), the Facilities Team (who also sometimes work evenings and weekends to supervise lettings) and the Finance Team.
In our most recent inspection, Ofsted said that ““the school’s profile among the community is high and resources and facilities have an impact on the lives of pupils beyond the school gate.” We are looking to build on this by increasing the number of people who use our facilities outside of school hours (and increasing revenue from this), and developing our ability to manage these lettings.
This exciting new post comes at an exciting time for the academy; this academic year we opened a major new £18 million extension which greatly increases the facilities available for our academy students, and which extends the facilities we are able to offer the wider community.
Dance, Drama and Performance
- Our brand new Theatre seats 229 or 313 guests and includes state-of-the-art lighting and sound systems, as well as an orchestra pit, box office and control room.
- Our versatile Drama suite offers additional studio space
- We also have a Dance Studio and Sports Hall
Conferences, Exhibitions, Training Events and Meetings
- Our Theatre, classrooms and meeting rooms offer a large variety of opportunities for small and large groups.
Sports and Fitness
- We have high quality, floodlit, 3G Sports Pitches, a large indoor sports hall plus a gym and climbing wall.
Business Incubation Space
- The Hive is a standalone building offering office pods for startups and small businesses
The successful applicant will need strong interpersonal and IT skills to build strong and sustainable relationships with local clubs and to provide a high level of customer service – from networking, generating leads and providing quotations to ensuring that users enjoy their experience of using the academy’s facilities and to invoicing and evaluation. This will involve creating stronger booking and invoicing processes, and working closely with the academy’s Finance team, Site teams and Theatre Manager to co-ordinate a successful programme of bookings.
We welcome candidates who have specialist experience in any of the areas our facilities cover, and who are willing to increase their knowledge in being able to utilise our resources.
Since the academy opened it has gone from strength to strength and due to its reputation and success has recently undergone a significant expansion to accommodate growth in student numbers. In September 2018 a new multi-million pound extension was opened – adding state of the art facilities for staff and students. The main sponsor is the Co-operative Group (Business and Finance) who support our students in development of the Academy’s specialism. Having previously been the most improved school in Manchester in 2016, the academy enjoyed its best results ever, with attainment in both Maths and English above national and significantly high progress measures. The academy has been in the top 1% of all schools nationally with its excellent attendance at over 97%. In 2014, the academy outperformed other sponsored academies nationally and was judged by Ofsted as ‘Good’ with many outstanding features. We are delighted that at our recent re-inspection in February 2018 the academy was again judged to be “Good” with many outstanding features
The culture of the Academy has a strong ethical stance, using the Co-op’s values and principles to inspire individuals in the academy to develop as global citizens. We have 3 core values which are embedded into the life of the academy. These are:
- Fairness and seen to be fair to aspire
- Ambition, inspiring young people to aspire to be the best they can be
- Respect for ourselves, each other and the community
We are looking for a person with integrity who is genuinely committed to improving the life chances of young people and adults, not only in the academy but also in the Blackley community.
Please ensure you complete the application form and provide a letter of application, no longer than 1 side of A4, which clearly addresses the person specification. This should be returned to Mrs C Downend, firstname.lastname@example.org
“Co-op Academies Trust, as an aware employer is committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults as its number one priority. This commitment to robust recruitment, selection and induction procedures extends to organisations and services linked to the Trust on its behalf”.
The closing date for completed applications is 12 noon Friday 28th June 2019. Interviews are planned to take place between 3rd and 10th July 2019.