Learning Support Assistant(s)
- Contract type - Permanent - Term Time Only plus one week, 31 hours per week (8.45am to 3.15pm Monday to Friday plus 1 hour training each Monday 3.20pm to 4.20pm)
- Salary range - Level 2, New SCP 5-6, Actual commencing salary £13,801
- Location - Bradford - Co-op Academy Southfield
- Closing date - February 7, 2021
Co-op Academy Southfield is part of The Co-op Academies Trust and are co-located with Co-op Academy Grange, a mainstream secondary Academy in Bradford, West Yorkshire.
Co-op Academy Southfield caters for around 305 students and we are one of the largest special schools in the country. We have on-site support from other professionals including Speech and Language Therapists, the School Nursing team, Physiotherapy teams as well as support from Social Care and other services. We enjoy close links with education, leisure, sporting and commercial organisations across the locality and we are keen to actively promote these partnerships for the benefit of the children in our care.
Co-op Academies Trust aims to provide an outstanding education for all our learners, founded on co-operative values, at the heart of the community. It is responsible for twenty-six Academies across Greater Manchester, Staffordshire & Merseyside and West Yorkshire with the Co-op acting as the sponsor.
We are recruiting a number of permanent Learning Support Assistants:
- Based at Co-op Academy Southfield you will undertake learning, care and support programmes to enable access to learning for students and to assist the teacher in the management of students and the classroom. Learning may be carried out in the classroom or outside the main teaching area.
- You’ll have experience of working with students with a range of special educational needs and possess NVQ2 for Teaching Assistants or equivalent qualification. You’ll be enthusiastic, confident and committed to promoting high quality learning and support. With a positive approach to behaviour management you’ll be able to work with pupils with a wide range of complex health needs and learning difficulties.
You’ll join an accomplished team of professionals and a successful partnership of schools which is committed to raising the educational ambitions of the communities it serves. As part of the Trust we can offer successful candidates a huge variety of opportunities for development and progression across all phases. Following the merger with the Co-op Academies Trust, on 1 June 2019, this is such an exciting time to join us.
Co-op Academies Trust aims to provide an outstanding education for all our learners, founded on co-operative values, at the heart of the community. It is responsible for twenty six academies in Leeds, Wirral, Manchester and Stoke-on-Trent with the Co-op acting as the sponsor
Please refer to the Job Description and Person Specification for further information.
What we offer:
- Excellent opportunities for personal and career development within the Co-op Academies Trust
- Employee benefits such as retail discounts, reduced gym membership, cycle to work scheme and much more
- Free access to a confidential 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme
- Effective, supportive and dynamic leadership across Co-op Academy Southfield
- A superb, school building with a flexible and creative ICT rich working environment
- Enthusiastic students who are keen to make good progress
- Welcoming, friendly, supportive, effective and efficient professional/continuing professional development
Co-op Academies Trust as an aware employer is committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults as its number one priority. This commitment to robust recruitment, selection and induction procedures extends to organisations and services linked to the Trust on its behalf.
This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
We value variety and individual differences, and aim to create a culture, environment and practices at all levels which encompass acceptance, respect and inclusion. All our colleagues are expected to demonstrate a commitment to co-operative values and principles.
Closing Date: midnight Sun 7 February 2021
Shortlisting Date: Monday 8 February 2021
Recruitment Date: (to be confirmed) Friday 12 February 2021
Visits to our Academy are usually strongly welcomed however due to COVID-19 are unfortunately not possible.
The Co-op Academies Trust operates blind shortlisting as part of its recruitment process to ensure a fair and rigorous process. To Apply please complete Application Form PART A and Application Form PART B and email them to: