Learning Support Assistant(s)
- Contract type - Permanent. 31 hrs per week. Term time only + one week
- Salary range - Starting salary: £13,432 pa (actual salary) (New SCP 5/6)
- Location - Bradford - Co-op Academy Southfield
- Closing date - February 23, 2020
We wish to appoint a number of permanent Learning Support Assistants. Based at Co-op Academy Southfield you will undertake learning, care and support programmes to enable access to learning for students and to assist the teacher in the management of students and the classroom. Learning may be carried out in the classroom or outside the main teaching area.
You’ll have experience of working with students with a range of special educational needs and possess NVQ2 for Teaching Assistants or equivalent qualification. You’ll be enthusiastic, confident and committed to promoting high quality learning and support. With a positive approach to behaviour management you’ll be able to work with pupils with a wide range of complex health needs and learning difficulties.
You’ll join an accomplished team of professionals and a successful partnership of schools which is committed to raising the educational ambitions of the communities it serves. As part of the Trust we can offer successful candidates a huge variety of opportunities for development and progression across all phases. Following the merger with the Co-op Academies Trust, on 1 June 2019, this is such an exciting time to join us.
Co-op Academy Southfield caters for around 280 students including those in our Sixth Form or at our Project SEARCH sites at the Bradford Royal Infirmary and Next Distribution Centre. We have on-site support from other professionals including Speech and Language Therapists, the School Nursing team, Physiotherapy teams as well as support from Social Care and other services. We also enjoy close links with education, leisure, sporting and commercial organisations across the locality and we are keen to actively promote these partnerships for the benefit of the children in our care.
What we offer:
- Excellent opportunities for personal and career development within the Co-op Academies Trust
- Employee benefits such as retail discounts, reduced gym membership, cycle to work scheme and much more
- Free access to a confidential 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme
- Effective, supportive and dynamic leadership across Co-op Academy Southfield
- A superb, school building with a flexible and creative ICT rich working environment
- Enthusiastic students who are keen to make good progress
- Welcoming, friendly, supportive, effective and efficient professional/continuing professional development
Please contact Human Resources at email@example.com. This is also the email address to which completed applications should be submitted.