We are looking to appoint two permanent Learning Support Assistants within our New to English/Fresh Start Intervention, working under the guidance of the Manager:
- You’ll identify, plan and deliver small intervention groups for New to English students
- You’ll plan and produce appropriate learning materials for intervention sessions
Educated to Maths and English Grade A-C or equivalent, e.g. Adult Literacy at Level 2. You’ll have second school experience and be able to demonstrate your understanding/experience of supporting literacy/numeracy for Fresh start students. You’ll have experience of working with young people and learning support for students who are on the special needs register or have additional needs.
Start/finish times will be discussed in the recruitment process, as flexibility is required.
INTERESTED? For further information please refer to the Job Description and Person Specification.
Co-op Academies Trust aims to provide an outstanding education for all our learners, founded on co-operative values, at the heart of the community. It is responsible for twenty six academies in Leeds, Wirral, Manchester and Stoke-on-Trent with the Co-op acting as the sponsor.
You’ll join a talented team and a successful partnership of schools which is committed to raising the educational ambitions of the communities it serves. As part of the Trust we can offer successful candidates a huge variety of opportunities for development.
What we offer:
- Excellent opportunities for personal and career development within the Co-op Academies Trust
- Employee benefits such as retail discounts, reduced gym membership, cycle to work scheme and much more
- Free access to a confidential 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme
- Effective, supportive and dynamic leadership across Co-op Academy Southfield
- A superb, school building with a flexible and creative ICT rich working environment
- Enthusiastic students who are keen to make good progress
- Welcoming, friendly, supportive, effective and efficient professional/continuing professional development
Co-op Academies Trust as an aware employer is committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults as its number one priority. This commitment to robust recruitment, selection and induction procedures extends to organisations and services linked to the Trust on its behalf.
This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
We value variety and individual differences, and aim to create a culture, environment and practices at all levels which encompass acceptance, respect and inclusion. All our colleagues are expected to demonstrate a commitment to co-operative values and principles.
Closing Date: 9 am on Monday 2 November 2020
Visits to our Academy are usually strongly welcomed however due to COVID-19 are unfortunately not possible. Please find further information about us on our website:
The Co-op Academies Trust operates blind shortlisting as part of its recruitment process to ensure a fair and rigorous process.
To Apply please complete Application Form PART A and Application Form PART B and email them to: