Learning Support Assistant (x 3)
- Contract type - Permanent, 31 hours per week (8.45am to 3.15pm Monday to Friday plus 1 hour training each Monday 3.20pm to 4.20pm) term time only plus one week,
- Salary range - Support Pay Scale: Level 2. New SCP 5/6. Actual commencing salary £13,801 pa
- Location - Bradford - Co-op Academy Southfield
- Closing date - July 4, 2021
Co-op Academy Southfield is part of The Co-op Academies Trust and are co-located with Co-op Academy Grange, a mainstream secondary Academy in Bradford, West Yorkshire.
Co-op Academy Southfield caters for around 305 students and we are one of the largest special schools in the country. We have on-site support from other professionals including Speech and Language Therapists, the School Nursing team, Physiotherapy teams as well as support from Social Care and other services. We enjoy close links with education, leisure, sporting and commercial organisations across the locality and we are keen to actively promote these partnerships for the benefit of the children in our care.
Co-op Academies Trust aims to provide an outstanding education for all our learners, founded on co-operative values, at the heart of the community. It is responsible for twenty-six Academies across Greater Manchester, Staffordshire & Merseyside and West Yorkshire with the Co-op acting as the sponsor.
As one of our Learning Support Assistants based at Co-op Academy Southfield you’ll, support the teacher in providing safety, health and wellbeing as well as access to learning across all lessons and non-lesson time. You’ll assist the teacher in the behaviour management of pupils and effective use of resources both within the classroom and across a wide range of other environments throughout the school and community
- You’ll complement and proactively , support the teacher in delivering effective teaching, learning, assessment and recording.
- You’ll complement and proactively support the delivery of care, support programmes, interventions and therapies (including feeding, personal hygiene, mental health, physical health and behavioural).
- You’ll support the class teacher in the planning and delivery of an appropriately differentiated and suitably challenging creative curriculum for all pupils whilst meeting statutory requirements.
- You’ll work within school policies, procedures and code of conduct under the direction and guidance of senior staff and within an agreed system of supervision (and delegation).
You’ll have experience of working with students with a range of special educational needs and possess NVQ2 for Teaching Assistants or equivalent qualification. You’ll be enthusiastic, confident and committed to promoting high quality learning and support. With a positive approach to behaviour management you’ll be able to work with pupils with a wide range of complex health needs and learning difficulties.
For further information please refer to the Job Description and Person Specification.
Formal training will be provided where necessary in specialist strategies, moving and handling, medical interventions, safeguarding, PREVENT, GDPR and Team Teach (de-escalation and physical intervention to support challenging behaviour).
Interested? You’ll join a talented business team and a successful partnership of schools which is committed to raising the educational ambitions of the communities it serves. As part of the Trust we can offer successful candidates a huge variety of opportunities for development.
What we offer:
- Excellent opportunities for personal and career development within the Co-op Academies Trust
- Employee benefits such as retail discounts, reduced gym membership, cycle to work scheme and much more
- Free access to a confidential 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme
- Effective, supportive and dynamic leadership across Co-op Academy Southfield
- A superb, school building with a flexible and creative ICT rich working environment
- Enthusiastic students who are keen to make good progress
- Welcoming, friendly, supportive, effective and efficient professional/continuing professional development
Visits to our Academy are welcomed and appropriate safety measures in light of Covid is in place should you decide to visit us.
The Co-op Academies Trust operates blind shortlisting as part of its recruitment process to ensure a fair and rigorous process. To Apply please complete Application Form PART A and Application Form PART B and email them to:
CLOSING DATE: midnight, Friday 4 July 2021
SHORTLISTING DATE: Monday 5 July 2021
RECRUITMENT SELECTION DATE: Friday 9 July 2021
Co-op Academies Trust as an aware employer is committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults as its number one priority. This commitment to robust recruitment, selection and induction procedures extends to organisations and services linked to the Trust on its behalf.
This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
We value variety and individual differences, and aim to create a culture, environment and practices at all levels which encompass acceptance, respect and inclusion. All our colleagues are expected to demonstrate a commitment to co-operative values and principles.
For further information or to arrange a visit to the school, please contact Human Resources by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone on 01274 799662.