Learning Support Assistant – Midday Support
- Contract type - Permanent - Term Time Only plus one week, 16 hours per week
- Salary range - Level 2, New SCP 5-6, Actual commencing salary £7,123 pa
- Location - Co-op Academy Southfield
- Closing date - October 29, 2020
Closes at 9 am on Thursday 29 October 2020
We are recruiting a permanent Learning Support Assistant – Midday Support to commence as soon as possible.
Co-op Academy Southfield is part of The Co-op Academies Trust and are co-located with Co-op Academy Grange, a mainstream secondary Academy in Bradford, West Yorkshire.
Co-op Academy Southfield caters for around 280 students including those in our Sixth Form or at our Project SEARCH sites at the Bradford Royal Infirmary and Next Distribution Centre. We have on-site support from other professionals including Speech and Language Therapists, the School Nursing team, Physiotherapy teams as well as support from Social Care and other services. We enjoy close links with education, leisure, sporting and commercial organisations across the locality and we are keen to actively promote these partnerships for the benefit of the children in our care.
Co-op Academies Trust aims to provide an outstanding education for all our learners, founded on co-operative values, at the heart of the community. It is responsible for twenty-six Academies across Greater Manchester, Staffordshire & Merseyside and West Yorkshire with the Co-op acting as the sponsor.
- Based at Co-op Academy Southfield you will undertake learning, care and support programmes to enable access to learning for students and to assist the teacher in the management of students and the classroom. Learning may be carried out in the classroom or outside the main teaching area.
- You’ll have experience of working with students with a range of special educational needs and possess NVQ2 for Teaching Assistants or equivalent qualification. You’ll be enthusiastic, confident and committed to promoting high quality learning and support. With a positive approach to behaviour management you’ll be able to work with pupils with a wide range of complex health needs and learning difficulties.
You’ll join an accomplished team of professionals and a successful partnership of schools which is committed to raising the educational ambitions of the communities it serves. As part of the Trust we can offer successful candidates a huge variety of opportunities for development and progression across all phases. Following the merger with the Co-op Academies Trust, on 1 June 2019, this is such an exciting time to join us.
Please refer to the Job Description and Person Specification for further information.
What we offer:
- Excellent opportunities for personal and career development within the Co-op Academies Trust
- Employee benefits such as retail discounts, reduced gym membership, cycle to work scheme and much more
- Free access to a confidential 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme
- Effective, supportive and dynamic leadership across Co-op Academy Southfield
- A superb, school building with a flexible and creative ICT rich working environment
- Enthusiastic students who are keen to make good progress
- Welcoming, friendly, supportive, effective and efficient professional/continuing professional development
Co-op Academies Trust as an aware employer is committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults as its number one priority. This commitment to robust recruitment, selection and induction procedures extends to organisations and services linked to the Trust on its behalf.
This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
We value variety and individual differences, and aim to create a culture, environment and practices at all levels which encompass acceptance, respect and inclusion. All our colleagues are expected to demonstrate a commitment to co-operative values and principles.
Please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. This is also the email address to which completed applications should be submitted.
Visits to our Academy are usually strongly welcomed however due to COVID-19 are unfortunately not possible.
The Co-op Academies Trust operates blind shortlisting as part of its recruitment process to ensure a fair and rigorous process.
To Apply please complete Application Form PART A and Application Form PART B and email them to: