Learning Support Assistant – Maternity Cover
- Contract type - Temporary - Maternity Cover. 31 hours per week (8.45am to 3.15pm Monday to Friday plus 1 hour training each Monday 3.20pm to 4.20pm)
- Salary range - Support Pay Scale: Level 2. New SCP 5/6. Actual salary £13,801pa-£14,077 pa
- Location - Bradford - Co-op Academy Southfield
- Closing date - December 5, 2021
Job Reference: 8 SFD
As one of our Learning Support Assistants based at Co-op Academy Southfield you’ll cover the maternity leave of a current staff member. During the time with us you’ll find the job rewarding as you will help make a difference to the lives of young people with a range of special educational needs and disabilities.
- You’ll support the class teacher in the planning and delivery of an appropriately differentiated and suitably challenging creative curriculum.
- You’ll support pupils with special needs and disabilities, to access learning activities, communicate effectively with them and ensure their safety.
- You’ll work collaboratively as part of a cheerful and effective team.
- You’ll relate well to students and adults adapting methods and responses to the needs of different students
- Following appropriate training you’ll assist with the implementation of individual students’ Education Health and Care Plans (EHCPs), Behaviour Plans, and NHS Care Plans.
It is essential you have experience of working with young people with special educational needs or disabilities. Experience of behaviour management or physical intervention is also essential.
You’ll have a NVQ2 for Teaching Assistants or an equivalent qualification, and be willing to learn a range of new skills. If you meet these criteria and have good communication skills we would love to hear from you.
For further detailed information please refer to the Job Description and Person Specification.
Should you have any questions in regards to this role, or would like an informal discussion with the manager please contact Human Resources in the first instance vial email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
You’ll work within school policies, procedures and code of conduct under the direction and guidance of senior staff and within an agreed system of supervision (and delegation).
Formal training will be provided where necessary in specialist strategies, moving and handling, medical interventions, safeguarding, PREVENT, GDPR and Team Teach (de-escalation and physical intervention to support challenging behaviour).
Interested? You’ll join a talented staff team and a successful partnership of schools which is committed to raising the educational ambitions of the communities it serves. As part of the Trust we can offer successful candidates a huge variety of opportunities for development and progression across all phases.
Co-op Academy Southfield is part of The Co-op Academies Trust and are co-located with Co-op Academy Grange, a mainstream secondary Academy in Bradford, West Yorkshire.
Co-op Academy Southfield caters for around 305 students and we are one of the largest special schools in the country. We have on-site support from other professionals including Speech and Language Therapists, the School Nursing team, Physiotherapy teams as well as support from Social Care and other services. We enjoy close links with education, leisure, sporting and commercial organisations across the locality and we are keen to actively promote these partnerships for the benefit of the children in our care.
Co-op Academies Trust aims to provide an outstanding education for all our learners, founded on co-operative values, at the heart of the community. It is responsible for twenty-seven Academies across Greater Manchester, Staffordshire & Merseyside and West Yorkshire with the Co-op acting as the sponsor.
What we offer:
• Excellent opportunities for personal and career development within the Co-op Academies Trust
• Employee benefits such as retail discounts, reduced gym membership, cycle to work scheme and much more
• Free access to a confidential 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme
• Effective, supportive and dynamic leadership across Co-op Academy Southfield
• A superb, school building with a flexible and creative ICT rich working environment
• Enthusiastic students who are keen to make good progress
• Welcoming, friendly, supportive, effective and efficient professional/continuing professional development
Visits to our Academy are welcomed and appropriate safety measures in light of Covid is in place should you decide to visit us. Also please find further information about us on our website:
The Co-op Academies Trust operates blind shortlisting as part of its recruitment process to ensure a fair and rigorous process. To Apply please complete Application Form PART A and Application Form PART B and email them to the email below.
Please ensure you quote Job Reference 8SFD when applying for this role.
CLOSING DATE: midnight, Sunday 5 December 2021
RECRUITMENT SELECTION DATE: to be confirmed
Co-op Academies Trust is committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage or civil partnerships.
Co-op Academies Trust as an aware employer is committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults as its number one priority. This commitment to robust recruitment, selection and induction procedures extends to organisations and services linked to the Trust on its behalf. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check. We value variety and individual differences, and aim to create a culture, environment and practices at all levels which encompass acceptance, respect and inclusion. All our colleagues are expected to demonstrate a commitment to co-operative values and principles, and the Ways of Being Co-op.
For further information, please contact Human Resources by email at: email@example.com