Permanent. 29½ hrs pw, Monday to Friday inclusive. Term time plus five training days.
(working hours: 8:20am – 3:30pm on Monday, 8:20am – 3:30pm on Wednesday and 8:20am – 2:30pm on Tuesday, Thursday and Friday)
Closing date: 9am, Friday 3 July 2020
Recruitment date: Friday 10 July 2020
We’re looking to recruit a Learning Support Assistant – Level 2 based within the Mainstream section of our SEN Department at Co-op Academy Grange.
You’ll provide in class support for individual and groups of students working under the guidance of the Inclusion Manager, Lead teacher, SENDCo, Subject Leader and teachers.
- You’ll provide in class support for individual and groups of students
- You’ll deliver SEND interventions for individual and groups of students.
- You’ll provide levels of individual pastoral support to pupils, as directed by the Inclusion Manager.
- You’ll support the assessment of pupils to determine those in need of particular help and support.
- You’ll assist SENDCo and Inclusion Managers with the development and implementation of student
If you have good interpersonal skills and be able to communicate successfully with students and adults, with a good understanding of issues relating to SEND students we would like to hear from you. Ideally, you’ll be educated to NVQ Level 2 or equivalent (or have significant experience) including GCSE English and Maths equivalent. Social work, youth work, counselling, teaching or mentoring qualification and/or experience would be desirable. You’ll be enthusiastic, confident and have a commitment to promote high quality learning with the ability to work with pupils with a wide range of learning difficulties. You’ll be able to use strategies in order to work successfully with SEND students and demonstrate a good understanding of child development, learning processes and in particular, barriers to learning.
For further information please refer to the Job Description and Person Specification.
You’ll join a talented staff team and a successful partnership of schools which is committed to raising the educational ambitions of the communities it serves. As part of the Trust we can offer successful candidates a huge variety of opportunities for development and progression across all phases.
This is a fantastic opportunity to be part of our ‘Requires Improvement’ school (Ofsted January 2019), joining a highly motivated and forward-thinking staff team and contributing to our next level of successful development. Ofsted has judged that the school has improved after much hard work from the staff and students over the past two and a half years. Co-op Academy Grange are already working hard and looking to improve on the feedback given in the recent report. You can read the full report here: http://www.southfieldgrange.org.uk/grange-ofsted. Get on board now because Co-op Academy Grange is back on track and going places. Following the merger with the Co-op Academies Trust, on 1 June 2019, this is such an exciting time to join us and make your mark on this journey.
What we offer:
- Excellent opportunities for personal and career development within the Co-op Academies Trust
- Employee benefits such as retail discounts, reduced gym membership, cycle to work scheme and much more
- Free access to a confidential 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme
- Effective, supportive and dynamic leadership across Co-op Academy Grange
- A superb, school building with a flexible and creative ICT rich working environment
- Enthusiastic students who are keen to make good progress
- Welcoming, friendly, supportive, effective and efficient professional/Continuing professional development
For further information please refer to the Job Description and Person Specification or contact Human Resources at
This is also the email address to which completed applications should be submitted.