Permanent. 29½ hrs pw, Monday to Friday inclusive.
Term time plus five training days.
(working hours: 8:20am – 3:30pm on Monday, 8:20am – 3:30pm on Wednesday and 8:20am – 2:30pm on Tuesday, Thursday and Friday)
Closing date: 9am, Friday 3 July 2020
Recruitment date: Thursday 9 July 2020
We’re looking to recruit a Learning Support Assistant – Level 1 based within the Autism, Designated Special Provision (DSP) section of our SEN Department at Co-op Academy Grange.
Reporting to the Manager of the Designated Special Provision (Autism), you will provide in-class support for individual and groups of students.
- To liaise with classroom teachers to identify appropriate support for students.
- To participate in break time activities with students
- To supervise and support students ensuring their safety and access to learning.
- To establish constructive relationships with students acting as role model and being aware of and responding appropriately to individual student needs.
- Promote the inclusion and acceptance of all students.
- Encourage students to interact with others and engage in activities led by the teacher.
- Set challenging and demanding expectations and promote self-esteem and independence.
- Provide feedback to student in relation to progress and achievement under the guidance of the teachers.
- To undertake duties as a Tutor where required.
- To work with all staff to promote an inclusive environment for all.
If you have good interpersonal skills and be able to communicate successfully with students and adults, with a good understanding of issues relating to SEND students we would like to hear from you. Ideally, you’ll be educated to NVQ Level 2 or equivalent (or have significant experience) including GCSE English and Maths equivalent. Social work, youth work, counselling, teaching or mentoring qualification and/or experience would be desirable. Recent experience of working with young people who exhibit a range of special educational needs is essential.
You’ll be enthusiastic, confident and have a commitment to promote high quality learning with the ability to work with pupils with a wide range of learning difficulties. You’ll be able to use strategies in order to work successfully with SEND students and demonstrate a good understanding of child development, learning processes and in particular, barriers to learning.
For further information please refer to the Job Description and Person Specification.
You’ll join a talented staff team and a successful partnership of schools which is committed to raising the educational ambitions of the communities it serves. As part of the Trust we can offer successful candidates a huge variety of opportunities for development and progression across all phases.
This is a fantastic opportunity to be part of our ‘Requires Improvement’ school (Ofsted January 2019), joining a highly motivated and forward-thinking staff team and contributing to our next level of successful development. Ofsted has judged that the school has improved after much hard work from the staff and students over the past two and a half years. Co-op Academy Grange are already working hard and looking to improve on the feedback given in the recent report. You can read the full report here: http://www.southfieldgrange.org.uk/grange-ofsted. Get on board now because Co-op Academy Grange is back on track and going places. Following the merger with the Co-op Academies Trust, on 1 June 2019, this is such an exciting time to join us and make your mark on this journey.
What we offer:
- Excellent opportunities for personal and career development within the Co-op Academies Trust
- Employee benefits such as retail discounts, reduced gym membership, cycle to work scheme and much more
- Free access to a confidential 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme
- Effective, supportive and dynamic leadership across Co-op Academy Grange
- A superb, school building with a flexible and creative ICT rich working environment
- Enthusiastic students who are keen to make good progress
- Welcoming, friendly, supportive, effective and efficient professional/Continuing professional development
For further information please refer to the Job Description and Person Specification or contact Human Resources at
This is also the email address to which completed applications should be submitted.