Do you want to join a vibrant team making a difference to young people’s lives? Do you want to work for an Academy Trust which has a strong ethos and lives by its values? This really is an exciting opportunity!
We’re looking for a Learning Manager to join our team in September 2021!
As a Learning Manager you will provide supervision of students across Key Stages 3 and 4 in the short-term absence of teaching staff. You will support teaching staff in specific curricular areas, and assist with break and lunch time supervision. This is a post for 37 hours per week, term time only + 5 days.
Salary: £22,183 – £24,491 FTE or £18,888 – £20,854 actual term time only salary
At the top of your game, you’ll have great behaviours, strong organisational skills, the ability to collaborate effectively, and be able to work constructively as part of a team. How and why you do things matters greatly to us as does your ability to use your initiative, work independently and be resilient.
You’ll do all this whilst capturing the spirit of our vision and values and role-modelling exceptional professional behaviours.
Co-op Academy Priesthorpe is situated in Pudsey and is just 15 minutes from both Leeds and Bradford centre with places for 1250 students and 130 staff. The Academy has a very special ethos, which visitors continue to comment on. Equity and equality are key drivers for us in ensuring that all students have the opportunity to excel within a highly inclusive and supportive community
What our team does really counts. And we offer a wide range of benefits and rewards to recognise the part you play in our success. Whether they benefit your finances, your well-being, or your family, in or outside work. From career progression and working and making a difference within your local community, to a whole range of financial discounts and benefits, working at Co-op Academies Trust isn’t just your standard job.
- Local government pension scheme and recognised continuous service
- Co-operative flexible benefits, including cycle to work and 5% Co-op discount
- Employee well-being committee with a dedicated health and well-being day
- Co-operative credit union
- Health-care cash-back scheme
- Discounted gym membership and leisure activities
- 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme
- Season ticket and rental deposit loans
- Bi-weekly well-being team newsletter to keep you up to date with staff news
We follow the Co-op’s ‘Ways of Being’ which are:
- Succeed together – Co-operating is what makes us different; we’re better and stronger when we work together.
- Be yourself, always – We bring our best self to the academy, so that we each contribute and respect others for doing the same. Of course, being yourself isn’t about excusing poor behaviours that contradict our other Ways of Being Co-op.
- Do what matters most – What matters most is ensuring that our students achieve the best possible outcomes.
- Show you care – We care about our Trust, our colleagues, our students, their parents, our Co-op and communities, now and for the future.
If you believe in our values and have experience for this role, we would love to hear from you!
Visits to the school are strongly welcomed and will follow our Covid risk assessment measures. Please contact email@example.com or call 0113 2574115 and ask to speak to HR. You can also view a virtual tour here: https://youtu.be/bq7aJECZmTc
Closing date for applications: Wednesday 9th June
Interviews will take place on: Friday 18th June
How to apply
Let’s get the ball rolling, apply now. The Co-op Academies Trust operates blind shortlisting as part of its recruitment process to ensure a fair and rigorous process. Please complete PARTA and PARTB application forms attached below and email back to firstname.lastname@example.org
Co-op Academies Trust as an aware employer is committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults as its number one priority. This commitment to robust recruitment, selection and induction procedures extends to organisations and services linked to the Trust on its behalf. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check and two satisfactory references. We value variety and individual differences, and aim to create a culture, environment and practices at all levels which encompass acceptance, respect and inclusion. All our colleagues are expected to demonstrate a commitment to co-operative values and principles.
Hebe Lockyer (Trust HR Apprentice): email@example.com