- Contract type - Permanent , 37 hrs per week. All year round.
- Salary range - Level 1 SCP 17 - 19 £24,920 - £25,927; Level 2 SCP 20 - 22 £26,446 - £27,514. Progression is dependent on skills and experience.
- Location - Bradford - Co-op Academy Grange and Co-op Academy Southfield
- Closing date - March 20, 2022
In this role you’ll:
Provide day to day IT support to the chosen academy, including:
- Providing assistance and advice to staff and students as required.
- Providing technical support to academies ensuring IT systems are effective, efficient and secure.
- Undertaking day-to-day management of incidents and requests through the IT toolset responding as per the agreed service levels.
- Setting up equipment such as laptops, data projectors, interactive whiteboards, sound systems and other specialist IT equipment, ensuring that systems are ready for use and operating correctly.
- Providing advice, guidance and assistance to teachers, pupils and other members of staff on use of IT in academy. This includes working to and giving guidance to others on the IT acceptable use and e-Safeguarding policies.
- Maintaining IT installations, peripherals and software; restoring faults, replace consumables, updating software and setting up new equipment.
- Detecting, diagnose and resolve computer, server and peripheral device faults. Interpret diagnostic information, prioritise resolutions and determine if external support is required.
As part of the role we’ll support you to develop skills and knowledge of a modern cloud based educational IT environment and gain relevant qualifications. e.g. Google Educator programme, other relevant technical certification programmes.
- Up to date knowledge of IT standards/protocols, and legislation including GDPR;
- Technical ability;
- The Ability to command respect amongst business peers;
- The ability to build strong relationships – you’ll do what you say you will;
- Excellent organisation and administrative skills;
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skills;
- A proven track record of building strong personal relationships and credibility at all levels;
- A track record of meeting customer expectations in IT operational service delivery;
- An innovative approach and high energy levels.
- Enthusiastic and action orientated;
- A strong team player;
- Able to manage conflicting priorities and changing requirements in line with Co-operative values and principles.
For further detailed information please refer to the Job Description and Person Specification. Should you have any questions in regards to this role, or would like an informal discussion with the manager please contact Human Resources in the first instance on 01274 779662, or vial email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Co-op Academies Trust aims to provide an outstanding education for all our learners, founded on co-operative values, at the heart of the community. It is responsible for twenty-eight academies in West Yorkshire, Wirral, Manchester and Stoke-on-Trent with the Co-op acting as the sponsor.
Co-op Academy Grange and Co-op Academy Southfield share a single site in South Bradford.
You’ll join a talented staff team and a successful partnership of schools which is committed to raising the educational ambitions of the communities it serves. As part of the Trust we can offer successful candidates a huge variety of opportunities for development and progression across all phases.
To find out further information about this role and to apply visit:
The Co-op Academies Trust operates blind shortlisting as part of its recruitment process to ensure a fair and rigorous process. To Apply please complete Application Form PART A and Application Form PART B and email them to:
Closing date: midnight, Sunday 20th March 2022 with the recruitment day anticipated to be 24th March.
What we offer:
- Excellent opportunities for personal and career development within the Co-op Academies Trust;
- Employee benefits such as retail discounts, reduced gym membership, cycle to work scheme and much more;
- Free access to a confidential 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme;
- Effective, supportive and dynamic leadership;
- A superb, school building with a flexible and creative ICT rich working environment;
- A welcoming, friendly, supportive, effective and efficient professional/Continuing professional development.
Co-op Academies Trust is committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage or civil partnerships.
Co-op Academies Trust as an aware employer is committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults as its number one priority. This commitment to robust recruitment, selection and induction procedures extends to organisations and services linked to the Trust on its behalf. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check. We value variety and individual differences, and aim to create a culture, environment and practices at all levels which encompass acceptance, respect and inclusion. All our colleagues are expected to demonstrate a commitment to co-operative values and principles, and the Ways of Being Co-op.
If you have any queries, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com.