Suitable for NQTs (ECTs)
As one of our Generic Specialist Teachers based at Co-op Academy Southfield (a 11-19 Special School) you’ll:
- plan, implement and deliver an appropriate and differentiated curriculum for all students and support a designated curriculum area as appropriate;
- be able to demonstrate a successful teaching experience with pupils with a wide range of SEN;
- be able to demonstrate experience of planning and presenting a differentiated curriculum and have experience of and a willingness to train in communication approaches to curriculum access.
For further information please look at the Job Description and Person Specification.
Interested? You’ll join a talented business team and a successful partnership of schools which is committed to raising the educational ambitions of the communities it serves. As part of the Trust we can offer successful candidates a huge variety of opportunities for development.
What we offer:
- Excellent opportunities for personal and career development within the Co-op Academies Trust
- Employee benefits such as retail discounts, reduced gym membership, cycle to work scheme and much more
- Free access to a confidential 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme
- Effective, supportive and dynamic leadership across Co-op Academy Southfield
- A superb, school building with a flexible and creative ICT rich working environment
- Enthusiastic students who are truly special
- A welcoming, friendly, supportive, effective and efficient professional/continuing professional development
Co-op Academy Southfield is part of The Co-op Academies Trust and are co-located with Co-op Academy Grange, a mainstream secondary Academy in Bradford, West Yorkshire.
Co-op Academy Southfield caters for over 300 students and we are one of the largest special schools in the country. We have on-site support from other professionals including Speech and Language Therapists, the School Nursing team, Physiotherapy teams as well as support from Social Care and other services. We enjoy close links with education, leisure, sporting and commercial organisations across the locality and we are keen to actively promote these partnerships for the benefit of the children in our care.
Co-op Academies Trust aims to provide an outstanding education for all our learners, founded on co-operative values, at the heart of the community. It is responsible for twenty-eight Academies across Greater Manchester, Staffordshire & Merseyside and West Yorkshire with the Co-op acting as the sponsor.
The Co-op Academies Trust operates blind shortlisting as part of its recruitment process to ensure a fair and rigorous process. To apply please complete Application Form PART A and Application Form PART B and email them to:
CLOSING DATE: midnight, Thursday 19 May 2022
SHORTLISTING: Friday 20 May 2022
RECRUITMENT DATE: Thursday 26 May 2022
Co-op Academies Trust is committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage or civil partnerships.
Co-op Academies Trust as an aware employer is committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults as its number one priority. This commitment to robust recruitment, selection and induction procedures extends to organisations and services linked to the Trust on its behalf. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check. We value variety and individual differences, and aim to create a culture, environment and practices at all levels which encompass acceptance, respect and inclusion. All our colleagues are expected to demonstrate a commitment to co-operative values and principles, and the Ways of Being Co-op.
For further information, please contact Human Resources by email at: email@example.com