Are you a Finance Manager looking for your next challenge? Do you want to work for an Academy Trust which has a strong ethos and lives by its values? If this sounds like you then this could be the opportunity you were looking for…
We’re looking for a Finance Manager to join our team!
As a Finance Manager, you will provide support for the finance function of the Academy Trust. You will also assist with all aspects of development and effective operation of financial systems and procedures. As well as assisting in budget setting and monitoring, departmental budgets, costing activities and development of budget profiles. This post also involves managing the Finance Assistant.
At the top of your game, you’ll have strong organisational skills, collaborate effectively with other adults and work constructively as part of a team. You’ll need to be an enthusiastic team player with the ability to use initiative, work independently and stay organised.
You’ll do all this whilst capturing the spirit of our vision and values and whilst role-modelling exceptional professional behaviours.
Co-op Academy Priesthorpe is situated in Pudsey and just 15 minutes from both Leeds and Bradford centre with places for 1250 students and 130 staff. The Academy has a very special ethos, which visitors continue to comment on. Equity and equality are key drivers for us in ensuring that all students have the opportunity to excel within a highly inclusive and supportive community.
What our team does really counts. And we offer a wide range of benefits and rewards to recognise the part you play in our success. Whether they benefit your finances, your well-being, or your family, in or outside work. From career progression and working and making a difference within your local community, to a whole range of financial discounts and benefits, working at Co-op Academies Trust isn’t just your standard job.
- 30 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
- Local government pension scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Co-operative flexible benefits, including cycle to work
- Co-operative credit union
- Health-care cash-back scheme
- Discounted gym membership & leisure activities
- Season ticket & rental deposit loans
- 10% off Co-op branded products and other various discounts on Co-op products
- 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme
- Bi-weekly team newsletter to keep you up to date with staff news
We follow the ‘Ways of Being Co-op’.
- Succeed together – Co-operating is what makes us different; we’re better and stronger when we work together.
- Be yourself, always – We bring our best self to the academy, so that we each contribute and respect others for doing the same. Of course, being yourself isn’t about excusing poor behaviours that contradict our other Ways of Being Co-op.
- Do what matters most – What matters most is ensuring that our students achieve the best possible outcomes.
- Show you care – We care about our Trust, our colleagues, our students, their parents, our Co-op and communities, now and for the future.
If you believe in our values and have experience for this role, we would love to hear from you!
Visits to the school are strongly welcomed. Please contact Jessica Poulter, HR Advisor on 0113 2574115 to arrange.
Closing date for applications: Monday 20th April 9am
Interviews will take place on: Monday 27th April 8am start
How to apply
The Co-op Academies Trust operates blind shortlisting as part of its recruitment process to ensure a fair and rigorous process. Please complete PARTA and PARTB application forms attached below and email back to email@example.com
Co-op Academies Trust as an aware employer is committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults as its number one priority. This commitment to robust recruitment, selection and induction procedures extends to organisations and services linked to the Trust on its behalf. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check and two satisfactory references. We value variety and individual differences, and aim to create a culture, environment and practices at all levels which encompass acceptance, respect and inclusion. All our colleagues are expected to demonstrate a commitment to co-operative values and principles.
Jessica Poulter, HR Advisor
0113 257 4115