We’re looking for a Finance Assistant to join our team!
We are looking for a Finance Assistant for 33.5 hours per week, term time only + 15 days.
As a Finance Assistant you will have ownership of crucial processes which enable the academy’s finance department to operate on a day-to-day basis. You will support in the management of the academy budget and will be the key contact for staff payroll and the academy’s online parent payment system.
You will have excellent interpersonal and organisational skills as well as an eye for detail and the ability to adapt to the challenges of the school day. You will enjoy being part of a team, and will have previous experience working within a busy finance office. The role includes using financial software, of which experience on similar systems would be desirable. In addition, the successful candidate will act as coach/mentor to a group of students.
You’ll do all this whilst capturing the spirit of our vision and values and whilst role-modelling exceptional professional behaviours.
Benefits working for the Co-op Academies Trust include:
- Local government pension scheme and recognised continuous service
- Co-operative flexible benefits, including cycle to work and 5% Co-op discount
- Employee well-being committee with a dedicated health and well-being day
- Co-operative credit union
- Health-care cash-back scheme
- Discounted gym membership and leisure activities
- 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme
- Season ticket and rental deposit loans
- Bi-weekly team newsletter to keep you up to date with staff news
We follow the Co-op’s ‘Ways of Being’ which are:
- Succeed together – Co-operating is what makes us different; we’re better and stronger when we work together.
- Be yourself, always – We bring our best self to the academy, so that we each contribute and respect others for doing the same. Of course, being yourself isn’t about excusing poor behaviours that contradict our other Ways of Being Co-op.
- Do what matters most – What matters most is ensuring that our students achieve the best possible outcomes.
- Show you care – We care about our Trust, our colleagues, our students, their parents, our Co-op and communities, now and for the future.
If you believe in our values and have experience for this role, we would love to hear from you!
Visits to the school are strongly welcomed. Please contact Jessica Poulter, HR Advisor or Mandy Carlton, Principal’s PA on 0113 2574115 to arrange.
Closing date for applications: Monday 20th January 9am
Interviews will take place on: Wednesday 22nd January
How to apply
Please complete PARTA and PARTB application forms attached below and email them back to firstname.lastname@example.org or post to: FAO: HR – application, Co-op Academy Priesthorpe, Priesthorpe Lane, Pudsey, Leeds, LS28 5SG
For further information about Co-op Academies Trust please visit the Trust website here: www.coopacademies.co.uk
Co-op Academies Trust as an aware employer is committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults as its number one priority. This commitment to robust recruitment, selection and induction procedures extends to organisations and services linked to the Trust on its behalf. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check and two satisfactory references. We value variety and individual differences, and aim to create a culture, environment and practices at all levels which encompass acceptance, respect and inclusion. All our colleagues are expected to demonstrate a commitment to co-operative values and principles.
Jessica Poulter, HR Advisor