Family Support and Attendance Worker
- Permanent - Term Time only + 5 days - Contracted hours: 32.5
- Salary range - C1 - C3 £21,074 - £23,866 pro rata based on skills/experience
- Location - Leeds
- Closing date - June 4, 2018
As part of the ongoing growth at Co-op Academy Nightingale a fantastic opportunity has arisen to support our family support team.
We are looking for a candidate who can help children, young people and families overcome barriers to learning and participation. To encourage and empower children, young people and families to take responsibility for their welfare and development through education and learning.
To be successful you will need:
- To have a good understanding of child development and the benefit of parent involvement
- Be able to build and maintain positive working relationships with families, colleagues and external agencies.
- Be able to work in partnership with school and parents to create action plans to address attendance and/or behavioural issues
- Have a thorough understanding of the statutory guidance regarding school attendance
- Support work around attendance in identified partner settings
- Attend meetings on behalf of the school for children on Child in Need plans and child protection plans
- A caring, empathetic yet resilient nature
Nightingale and the Trust can offer you:
- The opportunity to work in a highly successful Academy with a growing reputation as a high-performing educational setting
- Significant opportunities for professional development and growth within the Academy and the Trust
- The opportunity to work under the ethics and values of the Co-op
- A friendly and positive staff team
- Friendly and hardworking children
- Co-op Academies Trust benefits package including discount gym memberships & leisure offers, childcare vouchers, cycle to work, Co-op Credit Union, season ticket & rental deposit loans, cash-back healthcare scheme and co-operative discount offers.
Co-op Academy Nightingale is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Informal visits to Nightingale are always welcome. Appointments are made subject to disclosure and barring service and medical declaration.
“Co-op Academies Trust as an aware employer is committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults as its number one priority. This commitment to robust recruitment, selection and induction procedures extends to organisations and services linked to the Trust on its behalf. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check. We value variety and individual differences, and aim to create a culture, environment and practices at all levels which encompass acceptance, respect and inclusion. All our colleagues are expected to demonstrate a commitment to co-operative values and principles”
CV’s are not accepted as part of our recruitment process. If you are interested in applying for this post please apply through e-teach or email
S.email@example.com for an application form.
If you have any queries about this vacancy please contact Sharon Pritchard at S.firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information visit: http://www.nightingale.coop/vacancies