Looking for a new rewarding role making a positive impact to young people’s lives? Want to work for an academy that has a fantastic culture and lives by its values?
We’re looking for a Faculty Leader of Maths to join our team in September 2022!
As a Faculty Leader of Maths, you will lead the Maths team by providing an ambitious and innovative approach to high quality curriculum design, implementation and professional development, which results in excellent student outcomes.
You will be joining a strong team with a proven record in delivering a quality maths curriculum.
At the top of your game, you’ll have great behaviours, relate well to young people, and be able to work constructively as part of a team. How and why you do things matters greatly to us as does your ability to use your initiative, work independently and be resilient.
You’ll do all this whilst capturing the spirit of our vision and values and whilst role-modelling exceptional professional behaviours.
Co-op Academy Priesthorpe is situated in Pudsey and just 15 minutes from both Leeds and Bradford centre with places for 1250 students and 135 staff. The Academy has a very special ethos, which visitors continue to comment on. Equity and equality are key drivers for us in ensuring that all students have the opportunity to excel within a highly inclusive and supportive community.
What our team does really counts. And we offer a wide range of benefits and rewards to recognise the part you play in our success. Whether they benefit your finances, your well-being, or your family, in or outside work. You are important to us!
- Well-being weeks at the end of each term with activities, all meetings cancelled as well as a dedicated a well-being committee
- Supportive Academy Leadership Team with well-being high on the agenda
- ‘Community’ sessions once a week with free breakfast and 25 minutes to connect and chat with colleagues
- ‘CRAFT’ sessions every 2 weeks investing in personal development of all colleagues
- Local government pension scheme and recognised continuous service
- Co-operative flexible benefits, including cycle to work and 20% Co-op discount and 10% from non branded products. Discount on Co-op services (insurance & legal)
- Free flu vaccine, eye tests and glasses
- Health-care cash-back scheme
- Discounted gym membership and leisure activities
- 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme offering advice to you and your family around legal, financial, health as well as free counselling
- Travel season ticket and rental deposit loans
We have a strong culture which creates a positive working environment. We follow the Co-op’s ‘Ways of Being’ which are:
- Succeed together – Cooperating is what makes us different; we’re better and stronger when we work together.
- Be yourself, always – We bring our best self to the academy, so that we each contribute and respect others for doing the same. Of course, being yourself isn’t about excusing poor behaviours that contradict our other Ways of Being Co-op.
- Do what matters most – What matters most is ensuring that our students achieve the best possible outcomes.
- Show you care – We care about our Trust, our colleagues, our students, their parents, our Co-op and communities, now and for the future.
So, if you believe in our values we would love to hear from you!
Visits to the school are strongly welcomed. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0113 2574115 and ask to speak to Hebe or Jess in HR or Emily the Principal’s PA. You can also view a virtual tour here: https://youtu.be/bq7aJECZmTc
How to apply
Let’s get the ball rolling, apply now. The Co-op Academies Trust operates blind shortlisting as part of its recruitment process to ensure a fair and rigorous process. Please complete both PART A and PART B application forms attached below and email back to email@example.com before the closing date.
If you have any further questions please contact Hebe & Jess in the HR team: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications: Wednesday 11th May 9am
Interviews will take place on: TBC
Co-op Academies Trust as an aware employer is committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults as its number one priority. This commitment to robust recruitment, selection and induction procedures extends to organisations and services linked to the Trust on its behalf. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check and two satisfactory references. All our colleagues are expected to demonstrate a commitment to co-operative values and principles.
The Trust is also committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage or civil partnerships.
Hebe or Jess in the HR team: email@example.com
0113 257 4115