Designated Safeguarding Lead
- Contract type - Permanent, term time only | 37 hours per week
- Salary range - SO1, NJC scale points 23 - 25. Actual term time only salary is £23,829 - £25,406 + AMAZING benefits
- Location - Co-op Academy Beckfield, Tyersal Walk, Bradford, BD4 8ER
- Closing date - January 20, 2022
Do you want to work in a role which adds value and positively impacts the lives of young people? Do you have safeguarding experience and would like to work in a friendly, supportive team?
We’re looking for a Designated Safeguarding Lead to join our team!
What does a day look like in this role? You will act as the Designated Safeguarding Lead (DSL) in all matters of safeguarding and child protection across the school. You will take part in strategy discussions and inter-agency meetings, and contribute to the assessment of children. You will advise and support other members of staff on child welfare and child protection matters as well as providing support to individual pupils and their families.
This post is working when school is open plus the 5 training days per year and 37 hours per week.
Salary: SO1, NJC scale points 23 – 25 Actual salary is £23,829 – £25,406 (FTE salary £27,741 – £29,577)
You’ll do all this whilst capturing the spirit of our vision and values and role-modelling exceptional professional behaviours. How and why you do things matters greatly to us, as does your ability to use your initiative, work independently and demonstrate ambition and integrity.
Beckfield is a school which is at the heart of the community. Come and join our amazing team!
What our team does really counts. And we offer a wide range of benefits and rewards to recognise the part you play in our success. Whether they benefit your finances, your well-being, or your family, in or outside work. From career progression and working and making a difference within your local community, to a whole range of financial discounts and benefits, working at Co-op Academies Trust isn’t just your everyday job.
- The opportunity of working within a supportive, friendly environment in this well run and respected school
- A fantastic school of wonderful children ready and eager to learn.
- Great opportunities for personal and career development
- 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme including access to free counselling, financial advice and health advice
- Local government pension scheme and recognised continuous service
- Co-operative flexible benefits, including cycle to work and 20% Co-op discount
- Co-operative credit union
- Health-care cash-back scheme
- Discounted gym membership and leisure activities
- Season ticket and rental deposit loans
- Friendly & supportive small team
Further information about the school and role please visit our website: https://beckfield.coopacademies.co.uk/ and for further information about Co-op Academies Trust please visit the Trust website here: https://www.coopacademies.co.uk/
If you would like to talk about this role further, please contact Lynda Johnson by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org in the first instance.
Closing date – Thursday 20th January – 9am
Interviews – Tuesday 25th January
How to apply
The Co-op Academies Trust operates blind shortlisting as part of its recruitment process to ensure a fair and rigorous process. Please complete PART A and PART B application forms attached on our website below and email back to email@example.com before 9am on Thursday 20th January
Co-op Academies Trust is committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children. This role is subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure, and the Childcare Disqualification Regulations are also applicable. Please contact us if you require further details of any of these requirements.
We value variety and individual differences, and aim to create a culture, environment and practices at all levels which encompass acceptance, respect and inclusion. All our colleagues are expected to demonstrate a commitment to co-operative values and principles, and the Ways of Being Co-op.
Co-op Academies Trust as an aware employer is committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults as its number one priority. This commitment to robust recruitment, selection and induction procedures extends to organisations and services linked to the Trust on its behalf.
For applications please submit to Jessica Poulter: firstname.lastname@example.org
For any questions around the role please contact Lynda Johnson: email@example.com