We’re looking for a Cleaning Assistant to join our team!
As a Cleaning Assistant you will undertake any duties and responsibilities relating to the effective and efficient running of the cleaning team. This could include cleaning of allocated areas in line with specified standards as directed, collecting and disposing of waste and refilling/replacing soap, towels and other materials around the academy.
You will work 12 hours per week, 52 weeks per year. Hours will typically be from 15:30 – 18:00 on Monday to Thursday, and 15:30 – 17:30 on Friday.
How and why you do things matters greatly to us, as does your ability to use your initiative, work independently and be resilient.
You’ll do all this while capturing the spirit of our vision and values and role-modelling exceptional professional behaviours.
Co-op Academy Priesthorpe is situated in Pudsey and just 15 minutes from both Leeds and Bradford centre with places for 1250 students and 135 staff. The Academy has a very special ethos, which visitors continue to comment on. Equity and equality are key drivers for us in ensuring that all students have the opportunity to excel within a highly inclusive and supportive community.
What our team does really counts. And we offer a wide range of benefits and rewards to recognise the part you play in our success. Whether they benefit your finances, your well-being, or your family, in or outside work. We care and do what matters most!
- Dedicated well-being weeks at the end of each term and a well-being committee
- Supportive Academy Leadership Team
- Local government pension scheme and recognised continuous service
- Co-operative flexible benefits, including cycle to work and 5% Co-op discount
- Co-operative credit union
- Health-care cash-back scheme
- Discounted gym membership and leisure activities
- 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme
- Season ticket and rental deposit loans
We require all team members to live and breathe our core values, and be passionate about offering an outstanding education to children in our academy whilst also building character strengths to give them the best start in their journey. The right candidate will become a valuable member of the Priesthorpe community.
We follow the Co-op’s ‘Ways of Being’ which are:
- Succeed together – Cooperating is what makes us different; we’re better and stronger when we work together.
- Be yourself, always – We bring our best self to the academy, so that we each contribute and respect others for doing the same. Of course, being yourself isn’t about excusing poor behaviours that contradict our other Ways of Being Co-op.
- Do what matters most – What matters most is ensuring that our students achieve the best possible outcomes.
- Show you care – We care about our Trust, our colleagues, our students, their parents, our Co-op and communities, now and for the future.
So, if you believe in our values and have experience for this role we would love to hear from you!
Visits to the school are strongly welcomed and will follow our Covid risk assessment measures. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0113 2574115 and ask to speak to HR or the Principal’s PA. You can also view a virtual tour here: https://youtu.be/bq7aJECZmTc
If you have any further questions please contact Jess in the HR team: email@example.com
Closing date for applications: Tuesday 2nd August 2022
Interviews will take place on: TBC
How to apply
Let’s get the ball rolling, apply now. The Co-op Academies Trust operates blind shortlisting as part of its recruitment process to ensure a fair and rigorous process. Please complete PARTA and PARTB application forms attached below and email back to firstname.lastname@example.org before the application deadline.
Co-op Academies Trust as an aware employer is committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults as its number one priority. This commitment to robust recruitment, selection and induction procedures extends to organisations and services linked to the Trust on its behalf. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check and two satisfactory references. All our colleagues are expected to demonstrate a commitment to co-operative values and principles.
The Trust is also committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage or civil partnerships.
Hebe or Jess