- 10 hours per week. 4.00pm to 6.00pm. Term time plus 4 weeks.
- Salary range - £8.45 per hour
- Location - Stoke-on-Trent
- Closing date - May 18, 2018
Main Purpose of the Job:
To work as part of the team and provide a flexible, seamless, customer focused cleaning service within the academy.
- Ensure all duties are undertaken in a safe and responsible manner in accordance with requirements under Health & Safety regulations, established safe systems of work and City Council policies, practices and procedures.
- Undertake duties connected with the cleanliness of the environment and academy premises to maintain high standards in the internal and external appearance of the academy buildings.
- Ensure the safekeeping and return of any keys issued for access to rooms and observing all procedures in respect of building security, energy conservation and confidentiality of information.
- Assist in the care of equipment, materials and storage areas used in cleaning the building.
- Provide an efficient and effective removal, storage and waste disposal service.
- Identify and report building and equipment faults promptly.
- Prepare rooms for use, including functions and events and clear rooms after use.
- Participate in training as required.
- Use cleaning machinery when required.
“The Co-operative Academies Trust, as an aware employer is committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults as its number one priority. This commitment to robust recruitment, selection and induction procedures extends to organisations and services linked to the Trust on its behalf”.
Health & Safety Responsibilities
All employees have the responsibility:
- To comply with safety rules and procedure laid down in their area of activity
- To take reasonable care of their own health and safety and hence avoid injury to themselves and to others by act or omission whilst at work
- To use protective clothing or equipment as may be provided
- To report promptly all sickness, accidents, unsafe conditions or practices and dangerous occurrences of which they are aware
- To co-operate with the Principal in the fulfilment of the objectives of the Academy’s Health and Safety policies
Undertake other duties, commensurate with the status of this post, as may become necessary and as discussed and agreed with the postholder.
This job description is not intended to be either prescriptive or exhaustive; it is issued as a framework to outline the main areas of responsibility at the time of writing.
This post is subject to the successful completion of a 6-month probationary period. It will be the decision of the governors as to what constitutes satisfactory performance.
For more information visit: http://www.cas.coop/about/vacancies