Behaviour Support Worker
- Contract type - Fixed term 1 year, 32.5 hours per week term time only + 5 training days
- Salary range - Grade 6: SCP 6 - 11 (£19,698 £21,748 FTE). Actual term time only, 32.5 hours salary: £14,732 - £16,266 + AMAZING benefits!
- Location - Co-op Academy Parkland, Old Park Rd, Bradford BD10 9BG
- Closing date - June 30, 2022
Are you looking to join an academy that has a strong & friendly culture? Where you can develop your skills, work alongside a great team and support our pupils?
We’re looking for a Behaviour Support Worker to join our team for 32.5 hours per week for 1 year!
As a Behaviour Support Worker, you will implement behaviour modification interventions specific to issues raised, with particular focus on pupils with emotional or mental health issues. You will also support the holistic progress of individuals and small groups by facilitating emotional and behavioural support using a variety of intervention strategies.
This post is for 32.5 hours per week, term time only. Salary: Grade 6: SCP 6 – 11 (£19,698 £21,748 FTE). Actual term time only, 32.5 hours salary: £14,732.90 – £16,266
The ideal candidate will have relevant experience in an academy setting with an ability to interact positively with students, colleagues and parents. You will have the skills to manage pupil behaviour and be able to seek direction and support from the classroom teacher and Head of the school if needed.
Co-op Academy Parkland is a single form entry and benefit from extensive grounds where our children take part in the Daily Mile. We are a friendly, inclusive and vibrant primary academy in the heart of Greengates and Thorpe Edge.
Our ethos is found within our vision in that we believe in making sure our children are safe and happy within our community. We build strong relationships to nurture our children and empower them with the skills and knowledge to be the best versions of themselves which aligns to our Co-op Ways of Being.
As part of the Co-op Academies Trust you will be joining a highly inspirational and ambitious organisation, which strives for excellence in all it does in order to achieve the best possible outcomes for its pupils. The Trust is a successful partnership of schools committed to raising the educational ambitions of the communities in which it sits. As part of the Trust we can offer a successful candidate a huge variety of opportunities for development and progression across all phases.
What our team does really counts and we offer a wide range of benefits and rewards to recognise the part you play in our success. Whether they benefit your finances, your well-being, or your family, in or outside work. We care and do what matters most!
- Supportive Senior Team and colleagues with a friendly culture
- Local government pension scheme and recognised continuous service
- Co-operative flexible benefits, including cycle to work and 20% Co-op discount and 10% from non branded products. Discount on Co-op services (insurance & legal)
- Free flu vaccine and eye tests with money towards glasses
- Health-care cash-back scheme
- Discounted gym membership and leisure activities
- 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme offering advice to you and your family around legal, financial, health as well as free counselling
- Travel season ticket and rental deposit loans
- Commitment to developing your continuing professional development
Whilst all schools in the Trust demonstrate a strong commitment to co-operative values and principles, the close proximity of the academies in West Yorkshire in particular has helped to facilitate co-operation and reinforce our belief that these values and principles are crucially important.
We follow the Co-op’s ‘Ways of Being’ which are:
- Succeed together – Co-operating is what makes us different; we’re better and stronger when we work together.
- Be yourself, always – We bring our best self to the academy, so that we each contribute and respect others for doing the same. Of course, being yourself isn’t about excusing poor behaviours that contradict our other Ways of Being Co-op.
- Do what matters most – What matters most is ensuring that our students achieve the best possible outcomes.
- Show you care – We care about our Trust, our colleagues, our students, their parents, our Co-op and communities, now and for the future.
If you believe in our values and have experience for this role, we would love to hear from you!
Closing date for applications: Thursday 30th June 2022
Interviews will take place: TBC
How to apply
Please complete PARTA and PARTB application forms and email them back to firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information about Co-op Academy Parkland please visit our website or for further information about Co-op Academies Trust please visit the Trust website here: www.coopacademies.co.uk
Co-op Academies Trust as an aware employer is committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults as its number one priority. This commitment to robust recruitment, selection and induction procedures extends to organisations and services linked to the Trust on its behalf. This role is subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure, and the Childcare Disqualification Regulations are also applicable. Please contact us if you require further details of any of these requirements.
We value variety and individual differences, and aim to create a culture, environment and practises at all levels which encompass acceptance, respect and inclusion. All our colleagues are expected to demonstrate a commitment to co-operative values and principles, and the Ways of Being Co-op.
Please download PartA and PartB applications below and email to:
Denise Emptage, business manager: email@example.com