Assistant Subject Leader – Science (KS3)
- Salary range - MPS/UPS + TLR 2a
- Location - Leeds
- Closing date - May 4, 2018
The Cooperative Academy of Leeds is a popular and genuinely comprehensive 11-18
school located just outside the city centre of Leeds, with easy access from major
motorways and good transport links.
The Academy is part of the Cooperative Academies Trust, which currently comprises
seven secondary Academies in Leeds, Manchester, Oldham and Stoke-on-Trent and
five primary Academies based in Leeds, although there are plans for significant
expansion across both phases in the coming years.
Since our last Ofsted inspection, when the Academy was judged to Require
Improvement, we have made significant advances in the quality of teaching and
learning and the progress of our students is rapidly improving. We are fully
committed to working towards our ambition of becoming a Good and then
Outstanding Academy and wish to welcome an inspiring and driven colleague who will
share this goal. Our most recent monitoring visit determined that the academy is
taking “effective action” towards being good in the next full inspection.
We are seeking to appoint an Assistant Subject Leader in Science to support us in our
drive for continued improvement.
You will be:
• An effective classroom practitioner with a proven track record of inspiring and
• Able to plan for success and evaluate progress and outcomes
• Committed to working closely with leadership to raise student aspiration and
• Able to coach, inspire and enthuse students effectively
• Passionate about child-centred educational values as espoused by Co-op
You can expect:
• Outstanding professional support
• Opportunities for career development
• An Academy with a burgeoning reputation for improvement
• The support of a forward-looking and values-driven Academies Trust
• A vibrant and dynamic student body which deserves the very best in teaching
The successful candidate will be joining us at our most exciting time and will play a
substantial role in building on our vision for continued future success.
Any candidate wishing to visit the Academy prior to submitting an application is
encouraged to contact us using the email address shown below to arrange this.
An enhanced DBS disclosure will be required for this position. A conviction may not
exclude candidates from appointment but will be considered as part of the
recruitment process. The Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the
welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share
For more information visit: http://www.cal.coop/about/vacancies/current-vacancies