An exciting new opportunity has arisen for an Assistant Programme Co-ordinator to work as part of our team to develop and deliver our vision of ‘offering all young people the chance to live a happy, healthy, and active life’. The post holder will be employed by and based at Co-operative Academy Failsworth, part of the Co-operative Academy Trust. This is a 3 day a week (term time only + 10 days) fixed term funded post until August 2023 (extensions subject to continuation of funding).
Your role will be to ensure the effective planning and delivery of a comprehensive programme of sports competitions and events across Oldham schools and the wider community, supporting the delivery of school games interventions and the delivery of bikeability balance across the borough.
The post holder will work as part of the Oldham School Sport Partnership team based at Co-operative Academy Failsworth and will be line managed by the Partnership Manager. The Partnership play a vital role in the development of Oldham Schools PE and School Sport Agenda working collaboratively with key partners.
Responsibilities will include:
• Supporting the delivery of intra and inter school competition, making links where appropriate with external agencies with an extended reach to incorporate Sport, Health, Wellbeing, Personal and Workforce Development
• Support the increase in participation of children and young people in sport and physical activity.
• Assist and support the Partnership Development Manager as required
• Delivery of bikeability balance sessions to reception classes across the borough
• Support the development of young leaders
• Support the delivery of OSSP programmes as required
• To provide administration support to the OSSP inclusive of website updates and electronic systems
Closing Date: Monday 8th August 2022
Shortlisting Date: Monday 8th July 2022
Interview Date: Wednesday 17th August 2022
The Recruitment Department,
Co-op Academy Failsworth,
Telephone: 0161 688 3900