Alternative Provision Manager
- Fixed term
- Salary range - SCP 29 to 31 FTE salary range £25,951 to £27,668
- Location - Stoke-on-Trent
- Closing date - June 22, 2018
Fixed term (One year in the first instance)
Level 8 – SCP 29 to 31 FTE salary range £25,951 to £27,668
We require a dynamic and innovative professional who is keen to be involved in supporting the development of a new initiative to develop a range of alternative educational programmes available to young people in Key Stage 4 who are at risk of being excluded or who are disengaged from learning.
The programme aims to support young people in a high-quality provision that improves their attendance, engagement and educational outcomes.
- Reduce the numbers of students who are educated off-site in alternative provision
- Provide a more robust delivery of core subjects thus improving attainment and engagement
- Keep disaffected students / those with emotional problems in the academy whilst working to address their behaviours
- Build strong relationships between staff and students
- Having quality staff who are seen as the key to providing a quality provision.
- Minimise the disruption caused by the most difficult students without excluding them.
- Reduce the financial burden on the academy by having more efficient in-house provision which requires no travel.
For an informal discussion regarding posts, please contact: Diane Drew 01782 882374.
The Co-operative Academy of Stoke on Trent is committed to safeguarding children and promoting the welfare of young people and the successful candidates will be subject to an Enhanced DBS check.
For more information visit: https://stokeontrent.coopacademies.co.uk/vacancies/alternative-provision-manager/