We’re looking for an Academic Recovery Coach in English to join our team in September 2022!
Co-op Academy Priesthorpe is situated in Pudsey and just 15 minutes from both Leeds and Bradford centre with places for 1250 students and 135 staff. The Academy has a very special ethos, which visitors continue to comment on. Equity and equality are key drivers for us in ensuring that all students have the opportunity to excel within a highly inclusive and supportive community.
All colleagues, teaching and support, are responsible for a small coaching group of students which they meet with for 1.5 hours over a week. Full training is offered and you will be buddied up with a teaching member of staff. This adds a very rewarding element to the role.
What our team does really counts. And we offer a wide range of benefits and rewards to recognise the part you play in our success. Whether they benefit your finances, your well-being, or your family, in or outside work. You are important to us!
- Well-being weeks at the end of each term with well-being activities, all meetings cancelled as well as a dedicated well-being committee team
- Supportive Academy Leadership Team with well-being high on the agenda
- ‘Community’ sessions once a week with free staff breakfast and 25 minutes to connect and chat with colleagues
- ‘CRAFT’ sessions every 2 weeks investing in personal development for all colleagues
- Local government pension scheme and recognised continuous service
- Co-operative flexible benefits, including cycle to work and 20% Co-op discount and 10% from non branded products. Discount on Co-op services (insurance & legal)
- Free flu vaccine, eye tests and glasses
- Christmas shopping day
- Health-care cash-back scheme
- Discounted gym membership and leisure activities
- 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme offering advice to you and your family around legal, financial, health as well as free counselling
- Travel season ticket and rental deposit loans
We have a strong culture which creates a positive working environment. We follow the Co-op’s ‘Ways of Being’ which are:
- Succeed together – Cooperating is what makes us different; we’re better and stronger when we work together.
- Be yourself, always – We bring our best self to the academy, so that we each contribute and respect others for doing the same. Of course, being yourself isn’t about excusing poor behaviours that contradict our other Ways of Being Co-op.
- Do what matters most – What matters most is ensuring that our students achieve the best possible outcomes.
- Show you care – We care about our Trust, our colleagues, our students, their parents, our Co-op and communities, now and for the future.
So, if you believe in our values we would love to hear from you!
Visits to the school are strongly welcomed. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0113 2574115 and ask to speak to Hebe or Jess in HR or Emily the Principal’s PA. You can also view a virtual tour here: https://youtu.be/bq7aJECZmTc
How to apply
Hebe & Jess in the HR team: email@example.com