Are you looking to share your passion of English in a vibrant secondary academy? Do you want to make a direct impact to young peoples lives?
We’re looking for an Academic Recovery Coach (English) to join our team until July22!
As an Academic Recovery Coach you will improve student achievement in English with particular focus on the progress of disadvantaged and SEND students. You will provide individual or small group instruction to students who are below target and monitor, report, and communicate student progress and performance. You will be making a direct impact to a young persons life that will open doors for their future!
This post would suit someone who is degree qualified in English or are currently studying a postgraduate qualification in education or are already an experienced teacher or tutor.
This role is 32 hours per week term time only + 5 days. Actual salary TTO 32 hours of £18,764 – £19,913 + AMAZING benefits! The hours can be flexible for the right candidate – so if you are available for part time work and think you’d add value in the role, then do get in touch.
At the top of your game, you’ll have great behaviours, strong organisational skills, the ability to collaborate effectively, and be able to work constructively as part of a team.
How and why you do things matters greatly to us, as does your ability to use your initiative, work independently and demonstrate ambition and integrity.
You’ll do all this whilst capturing the spirit of our vision and values and role-modelling exceptional professional behaviours.
Co-op Academy Priesthorpe is situated in Pudsey and just 15 minutes from both Leeds and Bradford centre with places for 1250 students and 130 staff. The Academy has a very special ethos, which visitors continue to comment on. Equity and equality are key drivers for us in ensuring that all students have the opportunity to excel within a highly inclusive and supportive community.
What our team does really counts. And we offer a wide range of benefits and rewards to recognise the part you play in our success. Whether they benefit your finances, your well-being, or your family, in or outside work. You are important to us!
- Dedicated well-being weeks at the end of each term and a well-being committee
- Supportive Academy Leadership Team
- ‘Community’ sessions once a week with free breakfast and 25 minutes to chat to colleagues
- Local government pension scheme and recognised continuous service
- Co-operative flexible benefits, including cycle to work and 5% Co-op discount
- Co-operative credit union
- Health-care cash-back scheme
- Discounted gym membership and leisure activities
- 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme
- Season ticket and rental deposit loans
We follow the Co-op’s ‘Ways of Being’ which are:
- Succeed together – Cooperating is what makes us different; we’re better and stronger when we work together.
- Be yourself, always – We bring our best self to the academy, so that we each contribute and respect others for doing the same. Of course, being yourself isn’t about excusing poor behaviours that contradict our other Ways of Being Co-op.
- Do what matters most – What matters most is ensuring that our students achieve the best possible outcomes.
- Show you care – We care about our Trust, our colleagues, our students, their parents, our Co-op and communities, now and for the future.
So, no matter if you’re just thinking about beginning your teaching career or looking to further develop, if you believe in our values we would love to hear from you!
Visits to the school are strongly welcomed and will follow our Covid risk assessment measures. Please contact email@example.com or call 0113 2574115 and ask to speak to HR or the Principal’s PA. You can also view a virtual tour here: https://youtu.be/bq7aJECZmTc
If you have any further questions please contact Hebe & Jess in the HR team: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications: Wednesday 24th November – 9am
Interviews will take place on TBC
How to apply
Let’s get the ball rolling, apply now. The Co-op Academies Trust operates blind shortlisting as part of its recruitment process to ensure a fair and rigorous process. Please complete PARTA and PARTB application forms attached below and email back to email@example.com
Co-op Academies Trust as an aware employer is committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults as its number one priority. This commitment to robust recruitment, selection and induction procedures extends to organisations and services linked to the Trust on its behalf. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check and two satisfactory references. All our colleagues are expected to demonstrate a commitment to co-operative values and principles.
The Trust is also committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage or civil partnerships.