Celebrating our Reach Careers programme for the second year
Our Trust held its second annual Reach celebration at Manchester Co-op Academy on Thursday 14th July. As with last year it was amazing to see so many students receive their unique employability certificates.
The program is designed to support a cohort of students to develop their understanding of the world of work and key employability skills by offering them:
● An introductory workshop on key employability skills that are needed in the workplace, (i.e teamwork and leadership)
● 3 half day work visits to a local business to learn about different business areas, different jobs available and be given hands-on work related tasks to develop their employability skills.
● Follow up 1 -1 business mentoring sessions to help them understand the skills they are developing
● Professional work booklet to record their progress
● Up to 5 entry level AQA employability certificates unique to Co-op Academies.
Many thanks to all of the businesses supporting the program, including Faithful & Gould, Balfour Beatty, Sir Robert McAlpine, Link Contracting, Wilmott Dixon, Enerveo, Buro Happold and Atec Solutions. You have really made the program meaningful and given our students an insight into sectors they know very little about.
Thanks also to all of the Reach academy leads, your commitment over the past year has enabled our students to be successful and achieve tangible outcomes.