Attendance Mentor (17521)
Are you a highly motivated individual with the passion and drive for improving school attendance for persistently absent pupils? We are currently seeking motivated individuals to join our team on a Part-Time Permanent basis.
The successful candidates will provide targeted, responsive, one-to-one support for persistently and severely absent pupils at Co-op Academy Swinton (M27 6JU)
18.5 hours per week – working days to be agreed with the successful candidates and the academy.
Location of the post
The successful candidates will work at Co-op Academy Swinton, however as this is a hybrid working role there will be the opportunity for some working at Barnardos hub (M6 8AL) and maybe home on occasions.
- Experience of using a social work / counselling / solution focussed approach to working with parents and children
- Experience of working in the education system and in multi-agency settings
- Knowledge of:
- school systems
- pastoral systems
- approaches to working with parents of disaffected students
- positive approaches to empowering and enabling students and parents/carers to help themselves
- Knowledge of the legislative framework that underpins the work of supporting families and schools, including attendance and behaviour
- Ability to undertake assessments and write reports to a high standard
Some of the Key Responsibilities include:
- To support the identification, engagement and mentor support for pupils who are eligible for support within the project
- To hold a case load of pupils to engage in mentoring support
- To work in partnership with academies to promote positive education for pupils who are being supported by the project
- To work co-operatively with children's services, health agencies and other community based services, to provide the most effective service for children young people and families.
More about the Service
Coop Academies are working in partnership with Barnardo's to deliver targeted, responsive, one-to-one support for persistently and severely absent pupils.
Support will begin February 2024 and initially will be a one-year project until January 2025
When completing your application please refer to the skills, knowledge and experience you have in relation to the Additional Information sheet, Person Specification & Job Description.
Please note due to the high volume of applications for some posts, this advert might close before the displayed closing date. We recommend that you apply for this role as soon as possible.
Pay & Reward Framework
We know that our colleagues go above and beyond in delivering our vital work, driven by their passion and commitment to Barnardo's values. We also know that we can only realise our ambitions and achieve better outcomes for more children, thanks to the talent, hard work and creativity of our people.
For all these reasons, we are committed to a new approach to pay and reward, to ensure it is fair, attractive and progressive, which was rolled out 1st April 2023. This is a positive change for the charity, and a key pillar of our People & Culture Strategy. It will assist us in supporting colleagues to grow and develop in their career at Barnardo's as it will offer clear routes of progression for colleagues to progress through the pay band of their role.
Whilst the full pay band and salary range is advertised, our approach to starting salaries is to appoint between the minimum to mid-point of the pay band – this ensures that pay progression steps are available to reward our colleagues annually based on their contribution to excellence and alignment to our values and behaviours. More details on Barnardo's pay framework can be found upon application.
Workplace Offer: What it means for you
The world of work has changed. We are understanding of what works best for our colleagues both current and future as we look to embrace this new way of working. Our hybrid working initiative is based on trust, flexibility and empowerment. We understand our workplace offer means different things to different people, and we encourage those conversations. This may mean working at one of our stores, services, working at home, at one of our Collaboration Hubs or any combination of these.
- Barnardo's believe in creating equality of opportunity in the workplace and supporting people to manage their work-life balance; we are therefore open to offering flexible working arrangements.
- 26 days annual leave plus bank holidays, increasing after 5 years service
- The ability to buy up to another 5 days annual leave via our HolidayPlus scheme
- A host of family friendly leave options including company Maternity Paternity and Adoption pay; together with all family additional leave options
- Service related sick pay from day 1
- Access to a Group Personal Pension with a matched 4% or 6% contribution from Barnardo's. Ability to pay via salary sacrifice to garner both tax and NI savings on your own contribution
- Death in service cover of 4x annual earnings for all staff contributing to our Group Personal Pension
- Cycle2work scheme
- Interest free season ticket loans
- Discounts and cashback from at high street shops including major supermarkets, cinemas, gyms, leisure/theme parks, holidays and much more via our Benefit Portal
- 20% discount at Barnardo's stores
- Opportunity to purchase a health cash plan to claim towards dental, glasses, therapy etc
- Free access to round the clock employee assistance program for advice and support
- Access to Barnardo's Learning and Development offer
*T&C's apply based on contract
At Barnardo's we believe in children – no matter who they are, what they have done or what they have been through. Please read about our basis and values following the link below. You will be asked questions relating to them as part of the recruitment process for this role.
Our commitment to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) is reflected in our values and our practice, and we have invested in this area of our work to ensure that we can deliver on our commitments to be an inclusive employer. EDI is a key enabler of our purpose as a charity and we want to ensure that the diversity of our teams is reflective of the communities we serve and that we continue to learn and develop our work with a focus on inclusion. We particularly encourage applications from candidates from Black, Asian and Minoritised Ethnic Communities, candidates who are LGBT+ and Disabled candidates.
Visit the link below for more information and to apply: