We comply with, as a minimum, the national terms and conditions of service for teaching and support staff and we will recognise continuous service from your current school. All employees are eligible to be members of the Teachers’ Pension Scheme or a Local Government Pension Scheme.
We also have an employee benefits package, which includes:
- As well as 5% cash-back you’ll get being a Co-op member, you’ll get a Co-op colleague discount card. This gives you 10% discount in our Co-op Food stores and 5% discount online at Co-op Electrical. Staff also receive double discounts every month.
- Childcare vouchers: tax efficient childcare vouchers, as part of a salary sacrifice scheme
- Drive Dynamics discounted driving lessons
- Co-operative flexible benefits (discounted line rental and broadband package, family care advice and cycle to work scheme)
- Discounted gym membership and leisure activities which includes discounts on Merlin Entertainments (Sea Life, Legoland etc), Virgin Experience Days, SuperBreak and many more!
- Co-operative Credit Union: save directly from your salary and receive a competitive dividend. Borrowers can benefit from very competitive interest rates & terms (in comparison with other high street lenders)
- Cash-back healthcare scheme: claim money back on everyday healthcare costs such as optical, dental and physiotherapy
- Co-op Funeralcare benefit
- Season ticket and rental deposit loans
We recognise all of the main trade unions and professional associations in the education sector, meeting with their national representatives regularly through our Joint Consultation & Negotiation Committee with the common objective of maintaining good employee relations. This is in addition to trade union activity that takes place at an individual academy level.