Juliet Caunt | Head of HR
Juliet was born in the Midlands and went to school in Northampton. She studied psychology at Reading University, and worked as a hotel receptionist for two years, prior to commencing her personnel career with Royal Mail.
Moving to Leeds in 1995, Juliet progressed her career and undertook a wide range of personnel, training and human resources roles at Royal Mail. In 2004 Juliet joined the Legal Services Commission (LSC) where she provided both strategic and operational HR support on a national basis through a challenging period of organisational change as the LSC became the Legal Aid Agency.
Juliet joined the Co-operative Academies Trust in 2013. She is a keen horse-rider, follower of professional cycling, and enjoys holidaying in France.
Juliet is responsible for:
- To develop HR policies and practices that drive forward the strategic aims of the Trust
- To create a HR framework that brings together the best educational and business HR practice
- To implement a HR service that provides advice and assists line managers with the full range of recruitment and selection activities
- To ensure that the Trust has an effective working relationship with trade unions and to develop a joint negotiating framework
- To assist with the due diligence process when new schools might be joining the Trust
Declarations of Interest 2016/17
- Partner is an employee of Britcon (construction company) who operate in the Yorkshire area