Frank Norris | Director of the Trust
Frank was born in Essex, and worked in banking before going to university to train as a teacher. He taught in a number of schools in Stockport before becoming a headteacher, and leading schools in Trafford and Cheshire.
He joined Ofsted in 2001 as one of Her Majesty’s Inspectors, and quickly became involved in working on quality assurance and development of the inspection framework, in addition to leading inspections of schools, secure units and prisons.
Subsequent roles at Ofsted have seen him lead on inspection methodology, local authority inspections and the monitoring and evaluation of inspection providers. He became Divisional Manager for Education and Care in 2009, before leaving Ofsted in 2012 to lead school improvement for a local authority. He joined the Co-operative Academies Trust in 2013.
Frank is married with three grown up children, and lives in Cheadle Hulme. He is a keen sportsman, and a life member of Bramhall Cricket Club.
Frank is responsible for:
- Vision – Drive the development and delivery of the strategic vision of the CAT
- Teaching and Learning – Working with the Academies to deliver outstanding teaching and learning.
- Educational outcomes – Improving the educational outcomes to beyond national averages for learners in all the Academies.
- Finance – to act as Accounting Officer to the Trust and work with the Trust Finance Directors to ensure good financial management of CAT funds, transparency regarding the money spent by CAT and value for money.
- Enhance and facilitate opportunities for the Co-operative Group Academies through partnerships with educational associations, HE and FE partners, Local Authorities, the DfE, other schools, voluntary organisations, professional associations other public sector bodies
- Principal primary academy improvement manager (temporary)
- To lead on the performance management of all primary Principals in conjunction with Chairs of Governors (temporary)
Declarations of Interest 2016/17
- Non-Executive Director of Paperworks based in Leeds
- Committee member at Bramhall Cricket Club