Why Become a Governor?
Taking on a Governor role is not only a fantastic way to support our Academies, the teachers and students but it’s also a brilliant investment in your own development. There are very few opportunities that allow you to both share your professional expertise and broaden your skills and experiences, all without attending a traditional training course.
What you take from the experience will be very personal to you and will be very much dependent on what you put in, but speaking generally you can expect to develop some or all of the following skills:
- Influence and personal gravitas
- Stakeholder management
- Strategy, planning and governance
- Leadership, including coaching and providing feedback
- Performance management
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- Team work and collaboration
- Financial planning including creation and tracking of budgets