We would be interested to hear from any primary or secondary schools in the North West or West Yorkshire who are considering Academy status. We are currently working with schools in Stoke, Manchester and Leeds.
To read our offer document click here.
A Co-op Academy will:
- have a passion to support young people in the north of England
- believe in the value and benefits of a co-operative and ethical approach to education
- co-operate with a network of academies throughout the north of England
- improve results with the help of a dedicated school improvement team
- utilise the value for money expertise including HR, finance, school improvement and communications
- celebrate diversity and breed a harmonious and proud environment
- be excited about being sponsored by The Co-op, one of the world’s largest consumer co-operatives, and be open to engaging fully with its members and employees
- benefit from robust governance arrangements that include expert, independent and experienced governors and trust board members
A Co-op Academies Trust staff member will be:
- an ambassador for co-operative values and principles
- a highly effective and driven individual who wants to make real improvements to the lives of those living in the academy’s local community (including pupils/students and families)
- positive about the future and have a desire to find solutions to problems and issues
The Co-op Academies Trust has;
- improved all of its academies as shown in academic performance and Ofsted outcomes
- rapidly improved attendance in all of our academies
- provided a clear structure and support for professional development and career enhancement
- opened up opportunities within The Co-op for the benefit of pupils and staff
- adopted nationally agreed terms and conditions for staff and a range of benefits offered to all Co-op employees
Our experienced team will ensure your transition to academy status is successful by supporting the consultation process including:
- Land transfer and lease arrangements
- TUPE process
- Budget and finance model for new academies
- Risk management process
- Curriculum development and staffing structures
- The registration processes
- Stakeholder engagement and communication strategies
Some of our successes:
- Co-op Academies Trust support and governance identified as strong in all Ofsted inspections.
- Three academies nominated for TES School of the Year Awards.
- Co-op Academies Trust identified in the Sutton Trust reports ‘Chain Effects’ in 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017 reports as making a ‘very strong difference for most disadvantaged pupils’.
For more details of our approach, please contact us by phone for a confidential discussion with one of our team, or complete the Contact Us form to the left and we will get in touch.